• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Additional Materials - Dungeons & Dragons boardgames

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Additional Materials - Dungeons & Dragons boardgames

Postby knightkrawler » January 31st, 2013, 12:04 pm

So, I've got the Dungeons & Dragons boardgame from 2003, including both expansions Eternal Winter and Forbidden Forest.
And I'm telling you, not only the miniatures are great additions to HeroQuest, but also the tiles.

There are -including the expansions- 9 double-sided tiles (18 differnet environments) with 11x11 squares.
That's to big for my DIN A4-sized scanner.
What do I have to do to scan these babies?

Do I necessarily need a larger scanner? Or can I somehow scan parts of the tiles and then in some program put them together again, and if so, which program do I need for this?
And what do I use? 300dpi?

My goal is to at least show them to Derfel for him to make HeroScribe modular boards out of them, for preservation, and you know, that other thing that I can't talk about because Hasbro is behind all this.
|_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Additional Materials - Dungeons & Dragons boardgames

Postby washi » January 31st, 2013, 12:37 pm

Could you post pictures of the contents? I'm curious with D&D minis on Heroquest.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
washi

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 31st, 2013, 12:43 pm

I plan on doing that, complete with stats made by me for anyone interested to make monster cards.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby tasoe » January 31st, 2013, 12:44 pm

I once bought the DnD minis cause I found them on a nice price. Kept them for a while but now that I create my own quests, I see that I can't really fit the miniatures in heroquest. They are larger and they have that idiot number on them. The goblins are bigger than HQ heroes, the skeletons have tridents and a net, weird weapons on a dungeon and carrion crawlers are a joke.
Anyway I decided to sell a complete set of the main game, I actually have them up on ebay right now, $50 with shipping included.
If it doesn't sell and anyone here is interested, I can sell it to them at a much lower price.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby washi » January 31st, 2013, 12:55 pm

I was thinking to buy a D&D Dragon to create an adventure on Heroquest.
If I do that, of course I will need to replace some area of the board for a large room tile. The idea is a dragon 3x3 squares.
BUT is just an idea. I'm not planning it for now...

About D&D minis, there is 5 sizes (I think). Some sizes fit on the Heroquest board, right?

Rewards:
washi

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 31st, 2013, 1:15 pm

some remarks here:

1. I think drathe might want a D&D boardgame.
2. The boards are already in HeroScribe if I recall correctly (i'd have to check) and I've posted the expansion boards here.
3. I've already made monster cards of the D&D minis (see bottom of post)
4. I love these minis, they make good substitutes for some rare minis:
    goblin = painted blue as ice gremlin
    ogre = rat ogre
    bugbear = either a regular bugbear or painted white as a polar warbear
    heroes: female elf, female wizard, sir ragnar, random cleric
    skeletons = spirit riders? skeleton champions?
    lich = Necromancer or some other bad guy / that zombie wizard guy
    gnolls, carrion crawlers, ghosts, trolls and ghouls can fit in nicely in my humble opinion.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 31st, 2013, 1:39 pm

Sjeng wrote:The boards are already in HeroScribe if I recall correctly (i'd have to check) and I've posted the expansion boards here.

How the hell did I miss these? Thanks, man.
I'll post my stats some time, anyway. There's gonna be special rules and such.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby washi » January 31st, 2013, 2:13 pm

There's a "Mortal Kombat" dragon on a ice tile, hehe.

Rewards:
washi

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 31st, 2013, 2:22 pm

That's what I thought when I first saw it.
Hasbro and the copyright issue, eh?!

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » January 31st, 2013, 2:28 pm

yeah lol I noticed that too... Now you can REALLY play mortal kombat in an icy arena! Sub-Zero will love that!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to Tiles