• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

DungeonZ! the modular dungeon tiles system

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Re: DungeonZ! the modular dungeon tiles system

Postby torilen » July 27th, 2012, 3:27 pm

First off - thanks, I'll check out your blog - I might have before...just forgot about it.

Second - I think a set of tables might work better than cards - it would also be cheaper and easier to print and
use than cards. Have one table for exploration, one table for encounters/traps/etc., one table for treasures
(or a few different tables - rooms or encounters could use different tables based on difficulty of the encounter),
and one table for final/boss rooms. The player(s) could simply decide to have a boss room whenever they feel like it.

Third - someone (patroclus) said something about a good gaming "needing" a premade map??? Um, I have some serious
disagreements to talk over with you, I think. (hehe) :roll:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Patroclus » July 27th, 2012, 6:59 pm

About your tiles, I have nothing to say… they are professional, or maybe greater than many professional tiles.

About your house rules and the two player mode, it is possible but you have to use some rules about how to make your monsters choosing their targets. No one of you will turn the monsters against a hero who is dying, because it is a cooperation and both you want to finish the quest. So, there are two options in my opinion… the first and the most simple is to use tokens like the warhammer boardgame, each token is a hero and randomly you pick a token each time a monster attacks. The second is from my house rules (viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1107), the monsters are trying to hit the weakest hero, so each round you have to cover the weakest heroes and let exposed the strongest.

The second option is more tactical but I can’t say that it’s the best. And that is, because each round you already know which will be the next target of the enemies. It needs more thinking but the unexpected of the tokens brings more laughs and fun.

I recommend you to try the tokens or a four sided dice counting clockwise.

About the adventuring try to put some interest on your dungeon crawling as quest items, and each time you clean a room roll a dice to see if you find the quest item you are searching for. Or roll a dice to see how much gold you find for every monster you kill and the one who finds the most gold, he wins the game (or better you could use the treasure cards from other games as “the new dungeon” of TSR).

@torilen, I like tables, they are fine, no problem with that… About the premade maps, I am not talking about the board, I have no problem with tiles. I am talking about the quest and the adventuring. I like to know that someone put something for some reason. But I don’t say that the only good games are those with a “storyline”. My favorite game that I play with my wife is talisman (because she finds heroquest hardcore), where all the time you draw cards and you faced events, and all goes random at 80%.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Maike05 » August 21st, 2012, 5:38 pm

Hello guys, back from vacation, I made a new tile: the tower.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Templar » August 22nd, 2012, 4:48 am

Very nice! Seems like a good entrance tile to me :mrgreen:
"If you have to ask, you're streets behind..." - Pierce Hawthorn

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Maike05 » August 22nd, 2012, 5:05 pm

Templar wrote:Very nice! Seems like a good entrance tile to me :mrgreen:

Good idea indeed !

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Maike05 » February 16th, 2013, 7:14 am

Hi guys, I made a bunch of new tiles thanks to dundjinni website, check it out and comment :)

Rewards:
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » February 16th, 2013, 7:38 am

Those look fantastic. I saw that dundjinni website before, I believe there was a kickstarter (e-landscapes) last year that made huge city maps with this tool. You can do some amazing stuff with those templates.

Keep em coming!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Maike05 » May 19th, 2013, 10:26 am

Hi guys, here are the traps for DungeonZ. I could imagine a lot more coming !

A cage where captured Heroes will be taken to.

Wall saws - To be put on the walls of a corridor for instance. Could move 1D6 on opposite direction and deal 4 combat dice Damages.

Pendulum to be put in a room. You could image putting several pendulum each after the others involving accrobatics to pass trough.

Fire on the walls. Could be triggered by a loose tile for instance.

Steamroll with pikes to be put in a big room

Rewards:
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby torilen » May 20th, 2013, 9:36 am

Nice trap tiles. I love the cage. :)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 21st, 2013, 3:12 am

Thanks again, Maike! It's cool to see your beast grow.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Tiles