• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sjeng's miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Sjeng's miniatures

Postby tasoe » January 14th, 2014, 7:25 pm

Goblin-King wrote:Very Jason and the Argonauts-ish. Nice!
wtf? I thought the exact same thing! Those shields! Double-stunned cause I thought this film was not very well known and I only knew it cause it played in greek tv once in a while due to the fact that it's about greek mythology. It is a great film and the infamous skeleton scene is a must see. Trivia derived from IMDb: "It took Ray Harryhausen four months to produce the skeleton scene, a massive amount of time for a scene which lasts, at the most, three minutes."

edit: forgot to mention the skeletons look really nice. I don't particularly like the actual figures though. I imagine they must suck when unpainted and you brought them glory.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Redav » January 14th, 2014, 8:52 pm

Goblin-King wrote:I love those skellies!

Yeah, they look fantastic!

tasoe wrote:Double-stunned cause I thought this film was not very well known and I only knew it cause it played in greek tv once in a while due to the fact that it's about greek mythology. It is a great film and the infamous skeleton scene is a must see. Trivia derived from IMDb: "It took Ray Harryhausen four months to produce the skeleton scene, a massive amount of time for a scene which lasts, at the most, three minutes."

The story is know here too. I probably saw that film when I was young too. Haven't watched any more recent versions / inspired films though.
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 15th, 2014, 1:51 am

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm gonna ^^ I was aware of its existence.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 1st, 2015, 10:48 am

My finished batch of Ogres!!

Some Bulls, Ogre warriors:

Some more, and a converted Chieftain or Lord:

And 2 bulls converted to Butchers. I love these guys :D

Now I need to finish 4 Ironguts for Champions, and 4 Leadbelchers for ranged Ogre warriors. I also have 2 banner bearers that I'll do last. Which reminds me I also still need to paint my Skaven banner bearer. Not much need for those in HQ, but still nice to have.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby ampersand » January 1st, 2015, 12:40 pm

Excellent looking ogres there. nice neutral looking skin tones and great looking conversions on those butchers too! :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » January 1st, 2015, 1:38 pm

I like them. Would you take the challenge and give one of the other Ogres a non-white skin color?
Last edited by Anderas on January 1st, 2015, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 1st, 2015, 1:47 pm

Anderas wrote:I like them. Would you take the challenge and give one of the other Ogres a non-white skin color?

Nah, ogres are supposed to be like this in my opinion. They're big, brutish humanoids. I don't like the greyish skin from the previous warhammer ogres, nor red or blue skin. That'd only work if you'd have a tribe of different ogres from some region or other. Chaos ogres might be red or purple, oriental ogres might be yellow, frost ogres blue perhaps, but I only use regular run-of-the-mill ogres for my campaigns, so they are white skinned. A bit on the pale side.
If I painted one differently, it would always be the odd one out, and I don't want that.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Maike05 » January 1st, 2015, 7:12 pm

Those ogre look awesome ! I look forward seeing a quest report on those :D

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Big Bene » January 2nd, 2015, 8:26 am

tasoe wrote: Double-stunned cause I thought this film was not very well known and I only knew it cause it played in greek tv once in a while due to the fact that it's about greek mythology.

It's a classic, every fantasy fan and cinema buff knows this early Harryhausen masterpiece.
do you know the Wargames Factory Skellies? Obviousely the modeller was a fan of this movie, too.

Sjeng wrote:And 2 bulls converted to Butchers...
Oglelix.jpeg

Ogrelix?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 2nd, 2015, 2:43 pm

lol, actually that was the second ogre in the first picture supposed to be :P

I've also finished my 4 ironguts. I did take up a bit of a challenge, but not by changing their skincolour, but I went crazy on their pants :P
Excuse the bad picture, it's evening, and I had to use flash. Plus they're not varnished with matte spray yet, so the quickshade sealer is still glossy.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures