• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby Anderas » July 7th, 2018, 2:50 pm

Could you name them please?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » July 7th, 2018, 8:44 pm

Citadel Whight and Banshee (there are several models for both)

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » July 8th, 2018, 8:36 am

I spent a lot of yesterday working on gluing and rebasing many of the minis that Ive acquired over the last several months and getting them ready for painting. I need a ton more bases, it seems, and plenty more are waiting for the Detol dunk tank, but it's fun seeing so many of them looking more like proper HQ minis.

I've got pictures to show later, but for now I at least wanted to share my three faces of Sir Ragnar. He's seen here in captured form, in NPC knight form, and in his final corrupted Chaos Warrior form:

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » July 11th, 2018, 12:25 am

Spookyhappyfun wrote: three faces of Sir Ragnar. He's seen here in captured form, in NPC knight form, and in his final corrupted Chaos Warrior form:

Dude! LOVE it! That's so GREAT! I need to finish getting all of mine based.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » July 12th, 2018, 9:11 am

I recently got a Minotaur figure from WizKids D&D line. That figure is a little big compared to HQ, however the other figures I saw were pretty close in comparison. They also are not to offal bad in price either, I got the Minotaur for $5 and change. Most of the figures I saw came in two or three figures per pack for the same price. I'll have to post a picture of it later.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » July 14th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Thor-in wrote:I recently got a Minotaur figure from WizKids D&D line. That figure is a little big compared to HQ, however the other figures I saw were pretty close in comparison. They also are not to offal bad in price either, I got the Minotaur for $5 and change. Most of the figures I saw came in two or three figures per pack for the same price. I'll have to post a picture of it later.

Yes please. I'd love to see pics of the 3 packs.
Or at least links
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » July 15th, 2018, 11:01 am

aaronAGN wrote:
Thor-in wrote:I recently got a Minotaur figure from WizKids D&D line. That figure is a little big compared to HQ, however the other figures I saw were pretty close in comparison. They also are not to offal bad in price either, I got the Minotaur for $5 and change. Most of the figures I saw came in two or three figures per pack for the same price. I'll have to post a picture of it later.

Yes please. I'd love to see pics of the 3 packs.
Or at least links

I'm heading to the hobby shop today where I got the minotaur. I'll grab a some more packs and try to post comparison pictures tonight.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » July 17th, 2018, 11:22 pm

Thor-in wrote:I'm heading to the hobby shop today where I got the minotaur. I'll grab a some more packs and try to post comparison pictures tonight.

Awesome. I'm eagerly looking forward to it.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » July 18th, 2018, 8:47 am

Here they are, I apologize from them being late and being horrible pictures. Life has a way of throwing traps in the way that your mind points can't handle.

IMG_2157.JPG

IMG_2156.JPG

Here is the link.
https://wizkids.com/unpainted/

I don't know where you could get them locally, I just went to the comic book store and there they where.
As for quality on the figures, they are about 50/50. The Minotaur and the treasure chest have few mold lines (the treasure actually comes out of the open chests) and they are made of a semi ridged plastic with some good details. As for the Vampires, they have very noticeable mold lines and the details on the hands and face are very sloppy. However I can't really complain for the price I paid for them, they also come per primed with Vallejo gray primer.

I'll try to get some better close up pictures with better lighting to show some of the details.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cornixt » July 18th, 2018, 9:44 am

I've bought several of this range. Pretty good quality, especially good for the price. Not been able to find the chests anywhere though, they sell out so fast.

Despite being undercoated, you'll want to file off the mould lines before painting. Some are difficult to paint because things like capes and arms that have been glued on after being cast tend to get in the way.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures