• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby Thor-in » Saturday November 18th, 2017 7:23am

aaronAGN wrote:Does anyone own Dungeons & Dragons: Conquest of Nerath?
I'd love to see some size comparison images for the minis.
I know the character/hero/grunt minis are pretty small.
But I'd love to see size comparisons of the mounted units, the monsters (dryads, undead orcs, iron golems, etc) and the dragons.

I don’t but I’ve wondered the same thing.
I have also found that Citadels Age of Sigmar miniatures are a good size for playing HQ.
:skeleton: "Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Postby whitebeard » Saturday November 18th, 2017 11:47am

Thor-in wrote:
But I'd love to see size comparisons of the mounted units, the monsters (dryads, undead orcs, iron golems, etc) and the dragons.

I have also found that Citadels Age of Sigmar miniatures are a good size for playing HQ.

D&D stuff is typically 25mm and not heroic, which makes them look quite a bit different in scale and style relative to 28mm heroic. Until recently GW / citadel stuff was a good match. Unfortunately you will need to start buying more OOP GW stuff since the introduction of Age of Sigmar. The scale has shifted to something like 32mm. All "human types" (Celestiants, Kairic Acolytes, etc) are WAY too big. Many will not fit in standard HQ squares.

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » Saturday November 18th, 2017 12:06pm

whitebeard wrote:
Thor-in wrote:

D&D stuff is typically 25mm and not heroic, which makes them look quite a bit different in scale and style relative to 28mm heroic. Until recently GW / citadel stuff was a good match. Unfortunately you will need to start buying more OOP GW stuff since the introduction of Age of Sigmar. The scale has shifted to something like 32mm. All "human types" (Celestiants, Kairic Acolytes, etc) are WAY too big. Many will not fit in standard HQ squares.

I got the Age of Sigmar Chaos Warriors and they are almost the same size as the CW from the original HQ ones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » Saturday November 18th, 2017 6:26pm

That is not an Age of Sigmar figure per se.
This Chaos Warrior on the left has been on the market for about 10 years for Warhammer
and is now sold with new packaging.
Whitebeard is talking about the minis released since Age of Sigmar was marketed (two years).
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » Saturday November 18th, 2017 8:22pm

knightkrawler wrote:That is not an Age of Sigmar figure per se.
This Chaos Warrior on the left has been on the market for about 10 years for Warhammer
and is now sold with new packaging.
Whitebeard is talking about the minis released since Age of Sigmar was marketed (two years).

Exactly.

These Chaos Warriors are very cool. But soon they will be out of print like everything else from WarHammer.

In addition to the CWs, I highly recommend the Skeleton Warriors, and Glade Guard. Between these three boxes, you have enough extra bits to make anything. Buy them soon, before it is too late.

The Dwarf Warriors I use are already out of print.

I like the Wight King, River Trolls, and Goblin Shaman and the 40k Fenrisian Wolves (nice HQ wolves).

I also have the Cairn Wraith, Spirit Host, and a Lizard Warrior.

I'm thinking i need some IronGuts (ogres) and I really should buy these while I still can!

I was too late to the orc and goblin party. The recent stuff has very angular features. I realy like the knoblar/goblin mashup which has been posted here.

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Usergroups:

Postby aaronAGN » Saturday November 18th, 2017 8:57pm

whitebeard wrote:
D&D stuff is typically 25mm and not heroic, which makes them look quite a bit different in scale and style relative to 28mm heroic.

Well the reason I ask is because this isn't your typical D&D game. It's D&D Risk. With appropriately small pieces. BUT it also has big pieces.

They seem to have small medium and large pieces, and then the dragons.

For example:

The smallest pieces seem to be roughly the same height as a D6

The smallest grunt pieces seem pretty tiny in comparison (height of a D6)
But I'm trying to find decent comparison pics to size up the bigger pieces and the dragons.
I'm also trying to figure out if the small grunts could pass for gnomes in a HQ/D&D tabletop game.

From left to right:
1) elven archer from Dungeons & Dragons: Conquest of Nerath Board Game
2) elven archer from Runewars
3) human archer from BattleLore
4) Lannister archer from Battles of Westeros
5) Irish archer (1/72 plastic miniature) from "Wars of the Roses Irish Troops" miniatures set(all set is shown here http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=2268)
6) elven archer (1/72 plastic miniature) from "Elves set1" miniatures set(all set is shown here http://theredbox.com.ua/set/53.htm)
7) elven archer from War of the Ring (Second Edition)
8) Hero miniature from Runewars (25mm plastic miniature)
aaronAGN

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » Saturday November 18th, 2017 9:34pm

Both of you are right and I wasn’t trying to argue with facts. I was only trying to show that the AOS ones I got would work well as replacement Chaos Warriors.

Rewards:
Thor-in

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » Sunday November 19th, 2017 9:41am

Thor-in wrote:Both of you are right and I wasn’t trying to argue with facts. I was only trying to show that the AOS ones I got would work well as replacement Chaos Warriors.

Not arguing. Urging you to take a hard look at the GW store and buy anything you like sooner rather than later. The old stuff does not match the new humaniod scale and should be replaced soon. There is even a new CW figure that I understand to be enormous compared to the ones you just bought.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » Sunday November 19th, 2017 10:25am

I'm also not arguing. Just wanted to have casual readers of your post know that "proper" Age of Sigmar minis tend to be too tall for the scale purist.
Some might fit, though, especially if you consider the Chaos-y human warriors bloated and strengthened by the Chaos gods and the Stormcast Eternal infused with the strength of Sigmar.
Kinda like Space Marines are superhuman. But still human.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Figomurphy » Sunday November 19th, 2017 2:50pm

Take me as an example. When December rolls around I’m an average human. By the time the new year arrives and i’ve Spent 2 weeks gorging myself on Turkey, candy, beer and wine I’ve become super heroic scale around the mid rift. I’m still just about human at that stage though.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures