• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby Ethica » September 28th, 2011, 9:58 am

el_flesh wrote:Does anyone have any ideas how a ghost works? Unhittable without a spirit blade I suppose?

My Wraith has a small number of body points, but each time it causess damage it adds your body points to it's own. It can also pass through walls and can only be harmed by magical weapons and spells.

Ghosts can make for fearful adversaries.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » September 28th, 2011, 2:21 pm

I agree about the left wampa looking better for HQ. It's a large-size figure in the game, which uses 34mm scale. Here's some pics to guage size:

ImageImage

Seems about 50mm at the shoulder. A 2-21/2" Yeti. A bit tall, but workable, I think.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » October 21st, 2011, 4:37 pm

This would be my Frozen Horror. Bit expensive though, but oh so cool
http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/14599

Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » October 23rd, 2011, 3:02 pm

That Frozen Horror is super-cool. I guess that's why he's frozen.
I think he might come in a little big but usable, like the Wampa fig. I wonder if he would need more than 1 square on a board. Being a Frost Giant king, I gotta figure he'd take up some extra space on the board.
He would be perfect for a game that used other upgraded proxies.

The Frozen Horror takes up 2 squares anyway, so mebbe he'll fit just fine. -edit

I got him on the cheap with the Bones Kickstarter--$5! -edit
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » January 28th, 2012, 2:52 pm

Legend of Zagor was released in Europe, following the success of Hero Quest. The figures are limited, but they seem to have the HQ look:

They should work well as named figures or special monsters in a Quest.

The heroes are a bit odd. Not sure if they would be better suited as supporting characters or antagonists:

The game also comes with a dragon, dungeon levels, and interesting props, such as stairs, a rope bridge, and skull-motif throne room. definitely toy-like, as the gameboard is done up as partial 3-D. You can check it out here.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » February 6th, 2012, 12:59 pm

Back to the Yetis. At first I dismissed the Heroscape figures, the Dzu-Teh, as they lacked horns and fought with clubs:

ImageImageImage

But the more I think about it, the more I think these guys make great Yeti proxies:

• These guys scream "We are Yetis!", albeit hornless ones. Doesn't matter, as the look is menacing, not cute.
  • The clubs could be cut off and the arms repositioned with hot water and cold water baths.
  • They are the right size.
  • Though they (Dzu-Teh) are collectible and thus expensive, a cheaper brown version (Quasatch Hunters) is available with the exact same sculpts that could be repainted.
  • There are three different poses!
  • Yetis are overpowered for the solo Quests in the Barbarian Quest Pack. Perhaps the hug ability should be replaced, making a non-club conversion unnecessary.
Last edited by Daedalus on February 6th, 2012, 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » February 6th, 2012, 1:37 pm

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » February 6th, 2012, 2:51 pm

Them is some Ku-ool dudes! I especially like the Hunters, as more of them are usable as general warriors:

It'll take some painting, of course. I'm afraid it would take a while, as they are so beautiful (and expensive). The work would be fairly straight-forward for mere table-top quality, however.

They definitely belong in a Frozen Horror-style series of Quests, or just substitute them for Yetis and solve the broken "hug" problem in the BQP solo quests. The stats could be similar to a Yeti, perhaps with fewer Body Points. A 2/2 attack would work pretty well- less than a Warbear, but big against a single opponent. Or call the Warhammer a 3 attack-dice weapon, with a 2 attack-dice Spear just for throwing. Fun!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » February 25th, 2012, 9:10 am

Wolves!!! Aaoouuuuuu!!!

Just saw these bad-boys on Games Workshop on the advanced order page:

I think they look really good and have very diverse poses at a reasonably price - They look kinda big though.
And here are some more wolves:

Gamezone miniatures

Reaper Miniatures

Micro Art Studio

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Von Necron » February 25th, 2012, 1:03 pm

Mountain Guard.jpg

My Mountain Guard from the Battle Masters Game.
Knights blazing sun 1.jpg
Knights blazing sun 2.jpg

My Knights of the Blazing Sun from Battle Masters.
fimirs.png

First time Ive seen Fimir models. These were made by Forge World. heres there bio.
fimir bio.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Von Necron

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures