Page 2 of 3

Re: Basing Mini Question

PostPosted: Monday May 13th, 2019 4:58am
by Figomurphy
Thank you. They look perfect sizewise

Re: Basing Mini Question

PostPosted: Monday May 13th, 2019 8:58am
by Weltenlaeufer
Figomurphy wrote:Thank you. They look perfect sizewise


Yes I think they fit quite well! I want to expand a bit on the character options, I really like the otherworld miniatures, the got great stuff. :)

Re: Basing Mini Question (Otherworld Minis)

PostPosted: Tuesday May 14th, 2019 2:16pm
by lestodante
They fit so so... height is ok but look at the hands, they are a lot smaller (about 1/4 of the HQ minis).
This happens with almost all the figures that are not made by Citadel.

Re: Basing Mini Question (Otherworld Minis)

PostPosted: Monday September 9th, 2019 2:26pm
by Weltenlaeufer
Did anyone ever try to cut out a slot in the Zealot bases? I tried to get to work with an exacto knife but failed miserably... :lol: wrong tool? I dont have a dremel and didnt find the slotta bases online.

If the cut out doesnt work I gotta remove the metal slots from the minis with pliers or somehing. :roll:

Re: Basing Mini Question (Otherworld Minis)

PostPosted: Monday September 9th, 2019 4:25pm
by lestodante
I guess a dremel is the only tool that works fine for this purpose.

Re: Basing Mini Question (Otherworld Minis)

PostPosted: Tuesday September 10th, 2019 1:52am
by Stig
Another common way to base them:

    Cut the tab off using clippers
    File the feet a little bit
    Using a pin vice, drill a small hole in the underside of each foot.
    Glue the end of a paper clip in each hole and cut to length. That way you have a 0.5 - 1mm metal rod protruding from each foot.
    Put a dab of paint on the bottom of each rod
    Make contact with the base, leaving an imprint of where each rod will go
    Make a hole in the base for the rod using the pin vice
    Glue the model onto the base
    If a bit of a rod is protruding from the bottom, cut it flush with the base using clippers

This article has photos:

http://www.tinyworlds.co.uk/blog/pinnin ... sin-bases/

Re: Basing Mini Question (Otherworld Minis)

PostPosted: Tuesday September 10th, 2019 1:54am
by Stig
Weltenlaeufer wrote:Did anyone ever try to cut out a slot in the Zealot bases? I tried to get to work with an exacto knife but failed miserably... :lol: wrong tool? I dont have a dremel and didnt find the slotta bases online.

If the cut out doesnt work I gotta remove the metal slots from the minis with pliers or somehing. :roll:


This would be really hard. You’d probably need to drill a series of holes along where you want the slot to be then use a small rasp to file the slot to shape

Re: Basing Mini Question (Otherworld Minis)

PostPosted: Tuesday September 10th, 2019 7:15am
by Weltenlaeufer
Stig wrote:Another common way to base them:

    Cut the tab off using clippers
    File the feet a little bit
    Using a pin vice, drill a small hole in the underside of each foot.
    Glue the end of a paper clip in each hole and cut to length. That way you have a 0.5 - 1mm metal rod protruding from each foot.
    Put a dab of paint on the bottom of each rod
    Make contact with the base, leaving an imprint of where each rod will go
    Make a hole in the base for the rod using the pin vice
    Glue the model onto the base
    If a bit of a rod is protruding from the bottom, cut it flush with the base using clippers

This article has photos:

http://www.tinyworlds.co.uk/blog/pinnin ... sin-bases/


Thanks Stig! I was researching a bit how to cut off the metal smoothly. I gonna get myself a razor saw for that. The pinning sounds advanced, I gonna check it out!

Re: Basing Mini Question (Otherworld Minis)

PostPosted: Tuesday September 10th, 2019 7:18am
by Weltenlaeufer
lestodante wrote:I guess a dremel is the only tool that works fine for this purpose.


Yeah. the exacto knife didnt do anything :lol: :lol:

Re: Basing Mini Question (Otherworld Minis)

PostPosted: Tuesday February 25th, 2020 8:55pm
by ghost01013
It works ok with an exacto. Just get an initial puncture in the base first and then the rest of the plastic should be easy to cut out.