• Advertisement

Name that Mini!

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Name that Mini!

Postby aaronAGN » Tuesday January 30th, 2018 9:34pm

Anyone know what these non HQ and DS minis are?

Image
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Thursday June 8th, 2017 11:24pm
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Re: Name that Mini!

Postby knightkrawler » Wednesday January 31st, 2018 5:14am

The blue ones on hex bases are from Dragon Quest,
the ones on the small round bases are from Dungeon Quest, both board games from the 80s.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5816
Images: 27
Joined: Friday May 25th, 2012 2:26pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Name that Mini!

Postby aaronAGN » Wednesday January 31st, 2018 8:22am

knightkrawler wrote:The blue ones on hex bases are from Dragon Quest,
the ones on the small round bases are from Dungeon Quest, both board games from the 80s.


Cool. Thank you.
Now i just need the info on the green one with the square base. And the grey minotaur.

Edit:
The blue ones are from Dungeonquest.
the purple one is from The New Dungeon! Re-release from 1989.
But those other red ones with round bases don't match any images i can find from Dungeonquest or Dragonquest.

Still looking.
Last edited by aaronAGN on Wednesday January 31st, 2018 9:37am, edited 2 times in total.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Thursday June 8th, 2017 11:24pm
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Name that Mini!

Postby whitebeard » Wednesday January 31st, 2018 9:12am

The purple guy with the axe is a Ral Partha cast from TSRs "Dungeon!" 1989. I have used the same mini in the past for Sir Ragnar.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Ogre
Ogre
 
Posts: 886
Images: 0
Joined: Friday September 12th, 2014 7:15pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Name that Mini!

Postby Pancho » Wednesday January 31st, 2018 10:15am

aaronAGN wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:The blue ones on hex bases are from Dragon Quest,
the ones on the small round bases are from Dungeon Quest, both board games from the 80s.


Cool. Thank you.
Now i just need the info on the green one with the square base. And the grey minotaur.

Edit:
The blue ones are from Dungeonquest.
the purple one is from The New Dungeon! Re-release from 1989.
But those other red ones with round bases don't match any images i can find from Dungeonquest or Dragonquest.

Still looking.

I'm pretty sure that the Grey Minotaur is from Warhammer Quest. I have that model myself, although I grabbed it at a table-top sale, and I don't actually own WQ.


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Wednesday April 12th, 2017 10:43am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Name that Mini!

Postby cornixt » Wednesday January 31st, 2018 10:28am

That minotaur was also in the 3rd edition Talisman game.


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Storm Master
Storm Master
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Tuesday November 4th, 2014 12:56pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Name that Mini!

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Wednesday January 31st, 2018 10:29am

Pancho wrote:I'm pretty sure that the Grey Minotaur is from Warhammer Quest. I have that model myself, although I grabbed it at a table-top sale, and I don't actually own WQ.


I don't own the WQ Minotaur, but I've seen a lot of pics of it online and almost bought it several times. I think that's absolutely what it is.
My Quest Book Edits - In Progress
My Quest Locations - In Progress


Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Wednesday July 26th, 2017 7:12am
Location: North Carolina, US
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Name that Mini!

Postby aaronAGN » Wednesday January 31st, 2018 1:23pm

Close up for the actual pic of the minotaur. Since his not really in the other pic.

Looks like that's definitely what it is. Thanks.

Image
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Thursday June 8th, 2017 11:24pm
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Name that Mini!

Postby Pancho » Wednesday January 31st, 2018 4:58pm

Spookyhappyfun wrote:
Pancho wrote:I'm pretty sure that the Grey Minotaur is from Warhammer Quest. I have that model myself, although I grabbed it at a table-top sale, and I don't actually own WQ.


I don't own the WQ Minotaur, but I've seen a lot of pics of it online and almost bought it several times. I think that's absolutely what it is.

It's a nice model and paints up well. Crucially, stylistically it matches up really well with Heroquest models (except for the silly base). The later Warhammer Minotaurs were better models perhaps, but don't suit HQ so well in my opinion.


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Wednesday April 12th, 2017 10:43am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Name that Mini!

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Wednesday January 31st, 2018 5:17pm

Pancho wrote:It's a nice model and paints up well. Crucially, stylistically it matches up really well with Heroquest models (except for the silly base). The later Warhammer Minotaurs were better models perhaps, but don't suit HQ so well in my opinion.


They are pretty awesome. One of these days I'm gonna buy a few of them and just put them on some new Zealot rectangular bases that better fit HQ.
My Quest Book Edits - In Progress
My Quest Locations - In Progress


Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Wednesday July 26th, 2017 7:12am
Location: North Carolina, US
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest