• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Paper Mini Options

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Paper Mini Options

Postby Koren_nRhys » May 22nd, 2010, 6:08 pm

I've noticed some paper miniatures on a couple of HQ sites as I've been surfing around and just wanted to share a couple of other paper mini options that I've found and may be useful to those who can't afford to stock up on D&D Minis or other 3d choices.

Steve Jackson Games makes a line of paper minis called Cardboard Heroes - good for Heroes, Monsters and some dungeon dressing as well.
One Monk Miniatures just recently made all their products free. I haven't spent much time looking at those yet.
RPGNow and similar sites have lots of PDFs to search through and purchase and I'm sure some stuff there will work well.

The advantage of paper minis is, to me, that you can choose things to customize your game, your players heroes, etc. and not have everything look the same. Yo can also print out as many as needed, re-print if things get ruined, and adjust the size (in Photoshop or whatever) so that the minis fir the board. I know that was an issue with some of the D&D minis.
Koren_nRhys

Skeleton
Skeleton

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Paper Mini Options

Postby el_flesh » May 22nd, 2010, 10:32 pm

I was suprised at how cheap plastic quality minis are now - friend got hold of half Orc - big green and ugly, and I got a ghost and a vamp from "Legendary Minis"...they are like $4 a pop.

Pretty dam cheap. You can slowly build your menagerie. Especially when 3 skellies cost like $9.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » May 23rd, 2010, 2:24 pm

Hopefully I'll get my hands on the Brazilian edition and we can all have access to the paper miniatures that it came with (since it didn't get real miniatures).

Another idea is to make your own tiles for small monsters like the bats, rats, snakes and spiders found on my Tile Page (link in my signature below).

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby el_flesh » May 23rd, 2010, 11:09 pm

Tonight we used the Orc archers (Legendary figs) in earnest - man were they a blast!

Our DM kept reshuffling chaos spells and selected form the pack. as a necromancer when I raise a skeletal mage, they use chaos spells themselves. Raise Orc army came up TWICE, once for Zarquon, and once for my mage! (Raise undead also came up twice! What a hairy game, last quest of game!)

I can't wait till he gets hold of the three skeletal archers! He also wants to get a skeleton with shield...we're having fun...and drinking alcohol at the same time!
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 4th, 2010, 1:32 pm

A good place to find Paper HeroQuest miniatures is in Jabbro's Photobucket HeroQuest album. There are also more in his Paper Miniatures album that are not designed from official HQ minis, but other similar miniatures like Skaven and various generic pub-crawlers.

Especially good for those in Brazil who already have a basic set of Paper HQ minis. They can expand their collections with the other HQ minis in Paper format too.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to Miniatures