Dwarf skeletons for Kellar's Keep (and currency conversion)

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Dwarf skeletons for Kellar's Keep (and currency conversion)

Postby lucasdp » Saturday November 14th, 2015 11:07pm

Let's be frank: using the regular skeletons for the dwarven king skeletons in Kellar's Keep: Hall of the Dwarven Kings just doesn't seem right. I found these guys from Fenryll Miniatures, and I like them. I think they're 28mm scale, so they might be taller than the HQ dwarf, but hopefully shorter than the HQ skeletons.

Here's where I'm a dumb American... That price is eight Euros, not eight hundred Euros, right? In American dollars, we use a period rather than a comma, so that's why I'm unsure. Although, I can't imagine three minis going for several hundred dollars! :lol: Can someone clear this up for me (and please don't make fun of my American ignorance)?
Also, here's the link, if anyone else wants these guys: http://fenryll.com/product.php?id_product=446
Last edited by lucasdp on Wednesday November 18th, 2015 2:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: Dwarf skeletons for Kellar's Keep (and currency conversi

Postby Count Mohawk » Sunday November 15th, 2015 12:31am

You are correct: the price is 8 Euro, not 800 Euro. Euro decimals switch the use of the period with that of the comma.

Unfortunately, I can't poke fun at you for being a dumb American, as I live on the same side of the pond as you.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mukami » Sunday November 15th, 2015 12:54am

If you do decide to order those, be careful. I order 2 sets and they were extremely brittle/fragile.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Killed a mighty Fimir! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mukami

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Sunday November 15th, 2015 4:49am

Don't worry, you are both dumb Americans.
It's a common way we Europeans scam Americans. Just fiddle around with the commas and decimals.
Last week I tricked a guy into paying €1200 for a bag of baseless orcs!

Yes, the price is €8

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Sunday November 15th, 2015 5:30am

mukami wrote:If you do decide to order those, be careful. I order 2 sets and they were extremely brittle/fragile.

Yes, Fenryll uses very brittle and thus fragile resin. I imagine this keeps the price as payable as it is. The quality of detail, however, is very high, at least with the kits and blisters I've owned. The thing about that resin is, nothing glues back into place with superglue easier than this.
Again, the sculpting and overall quality with Fenryll surprises positively, considering the prices.
Be careful with the commas and periods when you visit the Games Workshop or CoolMiniOrNot sites.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Sunday November 15th, 2015 6:59am

furthermore, a comma or dot is only used after the THIRD number, not the second. Two decimals go after the comma.

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Doomguard
Doomguard

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby lucasdp » Sunday November 15th, 2015 12:13pm

Thanks for clarifying, gang!
Mukami and Knightkrawler, thanks for the heads up on the resin. Is the scale of Fenryll minis comparable to HQ minis, though? I'm more concerned about that than the fragility, to be honest.

Rewards:
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Sunday November 15th, 2015 2:03pm

lucasdp wrote:Thanks for clarifying, gang!
Mukami and Knightkrawler, thanks for the heads up on the resin. Is the scale of Fenryll minis comparable to HQ minis, though? I'm more concerned about that than the fragility, to be honest.

Ive had a set of 3-level adventurers that were in good scale to HQ. I've also had Dark Elf brigands that were simply too big (35 mm scale).
The dwarves, however, shouldn't be poking out eyes scalewise, whatever exact scale they are.
25 mm heroic, 28 mm, or 32 mm, they will still look like dwarfs next to an HQ mini.
That being said, an HQ Zombie doesn't fit the scale of HQ. ;)
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lucasdp » Sunday November 15th, 2015 4:59pm

oh, my Goddess. Knightkrawler, you're right! Why is the zombie so tiny? And how have I never really noticed?! :lol:

Rewards:
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby herman_the_german » Thursday February 18th, 2016 6:40pm

For skeleton dwarfs I use Cursed Company:

The nice thing about getting the Cursed Company is you also get an orc skeleton for Grashlyg, Undead Orc Wight.

D&D also has a skeletal dwarf.

herman_the_german

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Miniatures