• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chaos ensues

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Chaos ensues

Postby knightkrawler » June 7th, 2016, 5:37 pm

Goblin-King wrote:Despite different size and added details it looks exactly like the ones from AtOH! What gives? Are Battlemasters made by the same people?

Yes, Citadel. Games Workshop. You know them. I heard that the creators of Dark World used Citadel, too. And Legend of Zagor. At least that's the half-knowledge I've got...
You can see with the arms, face, legs, and overall pose especially that basically the sculpt was scaled up, changed here and there and then used for BM.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby MadMickyG » June 8th, 2016, 3:16 am

It will be my Uber Ogre, or Ogre hit with Enlarge spell, so trapped in a room.

Have a way to perhaps have players release it from it's prison so later on it becomes helpful to them. Oh, the evil scheming!
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby slev » June 9th, 2016, 6:16 am

knightkrawler wrote:I heard that the creators of Dark World used Citadel, too. And Legend of Zagor. At least that's the half-knowledge I've got...

no, but possible they may have hired citadel and/or ex-citadel staff

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » June 9th, 2016, 7:52 am

Re Ogres, I use my Battlemasters Ogre as a Giant Ogre with the stats from the Elf Quest (10 BP's) while my Ogre Horde Ogres are the standard variety and have 4 BP's.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 15th, 2016, 5:54 am

Stephen Baker not only designed Hero Quest for Milton Bradly, but also Battle Masters which was released in 1992. That was a year after the last EU/AU release in 1991, Wizards of Morcar. I believe GW and MB had parted ways in the intervening period. Both Battle Masters and the NA Hero Quest expansions were afterward produced by MB-US.

Speculation alert: From the look of the card art, Battle Masters was entirely produced by MB to emulate GW's successful style. The similar-but-different Battle Masters figures were likely also produced in-house. Given MB's production capabilities, it is entirely possible an AtOH Ogre Lord was scaled up to use as a base for the Battle Masters Ogre Champion.

By the way, Stephen Baker also steered the production of Dark World after that for a different company, which explains the compatibility of the figures with Hero Quest.

The Admiral wrote:Re Ogres, I use my Battlemasters Ogre as a Giant Ogre with the stats from the Elf Quest (10 BP's) while my Ogre Horde Ogres are the standard variety and have 4 BP's.

A perfect fit, in my opinion!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Miniatures