• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Weapons for Mini's

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Weapons for Mini's

Postby Redav » April 5th, 2015, 7:34 am

I remember seeing them in his thread / blog. Are the ones without helmets from the 1988ish sets too? There's a set of the helmeted ones for AUD60 which I'd imagine is a bit expensive

Australia has the Australia tax where the government taxs anything and and everything and then when Aussies sell to each other, we jack up the prices to rip each other off :(

How hard is it to remove paint from plastic models (assuming acrylic paint)?
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » April 5th, 2015, 8:25 am

Redav wrote:I remember seeing them in his thread / blog. Are the ones without helmets from the 1988ish sets too? There's a set of the helmeted ones for AUD60 which I'd imagine is a bit expensive

It is. They should be available for like 2€ each. m ore difficult and bound to be more expensive in Australia, I'd wager.
These minis were two-parted with the heads as extra bits in sprue. That explains why there's helmeted and unhelmeted ones.

Redav wrote:How hard is it to remove paint from plastic models (assuming acrylic paint)?

I've found three threads where you'll prolly foind an answer:
http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2163&p=33236&hilit=paint#p33236
http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=1229&p=12934&hilit=paint#p12934
http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=835&p=7364&hilit=paint#p7364
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » April 5th, 2015, 10:03 am

The Road Warrior wrote:I think they are rarer than the one's knightkrawler posted, but it didn't take me long to pick a set up.

Definitely more rare - especially in unpainted/glued/decent condition. But it's possible to find them at good prices.

They are from (possible among others) a box called "Warhammer fantasy regiments" and comes along with orcs, wood elves, dark elves, skaven and dwarfs.
All of them fits really well in HeroQuest in regard to both style and size. Highly recommended if you can find them.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » April 6th, 2015, 4:37 pm

So I think I've found some Warhammer Quest Orc archers which stylistically look great. Grabbed some Bretonian archers too in the hope they're not too big, no worries if they are though. I'll probably grab some AHQ henchmen too just to create a human army to add to the mercs I already have.
Campaign Status

Project's Status

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » April 7th, 2015, 12:10 pm

All good choices. You won't be disappointed.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » April 8th, 2015, 8:28 am

I have a pretty hefty bitz box of stuff. If you would like I could go through and see what I can find. If that's any help.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » April 21st, 2015, 2:41 pm

What about these?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » April 21st, 2015, 4:47 pm

Haha, that's great :)

I have some WHQ and other WH mini's coming so they should cover my for the moment but I'll see how they go. Thanks for the offer too. I think I might only be wanting orcs with spears? Dunno, the mini's would need to have poses that suit spears too
Campaign Status

Project's Status

Rewards:
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Harry » April 23rd, 2015, 2:53 pm

If you were in the UK I would suggest the Wargames foundry for weapon packs ... they have all sorts.

For Orcs with spears I would go with these guys.
(Yes, I know they are Halberds but they are great minis :mrgreen: ).

Last edited by Harry on April 24th, 2015, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Harry
Does

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Seb » April 24th, 2015, 1:19 am

The 4th Ed. WhQst Orc Archers are a surprisingly good match, just have to deal with the boots over wrapped feet issue.

I think I have more than a few of those old Fantasy Battle Goblins available, I'll do a count and get back to you :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures