• Advertisement

My minis

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: My minis

Postby Anderas » Sunday October 4th, 2015 2:24am

Thank you Slev! I wish i could paint more often.

There was a question here if the GW Gobbos would fit with the HQ greenskins.
I took a photo so you can compare yourselves:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » Monday March 28th, 2016 5:10am

From october to now... nearly half a year! Finally i managed to paint again.

Here we go
Two mummies (the original mummies, i love them)
And four Chaos Warriors. The helmet horns are metal, because i want them to look less like humans in steel clothing but more like a wall of steel.
The Heroquest Chaos Warriors, i don't like them so much, so i prefer these. If possible, i would have removed the cloaks, but with these models it is not possible.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Monday March 28th, 2016 5:31am

But the red cloaks are awesome. They loosen up that wall of steel just enough for it to actually be what you wanted it to be. Cold and menacing.
The cold comes off way colder because of the contrast with the warm red. I like these.
The mummies seem a bit... bland and clean. Then again, I've always had my share of problems with these. They looked like *lemony goodness*. Yours don't.
How're you gonna base them? Cause much depends on the base with uni-colored minis like the mummies. The clear bases as for the CWs is not the worst choice there.

All in all, I think you could highlight much more. A little if you - as I suppose - want to put emphasis on the quality of result/time factor-relation.
Specifically I would definitely highlight the weapon handles and upper shield borders.
I get why you didn't. Because that metal looks superb.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Monday March 28th, 2016 5:40am

Thanks a lot, but i actually did highlight them. :)
By accident, the Light came the same way like my Accents, so you don't see them too much. Must wait for a cloudy day to present them again. :)
From the left, on the second Chaos warrior you can even see the highlighting painting errors.
But as you guessed right, i don't want to invest too much time in them as i just had one painting day in half a year now and i am looking forward to not having more for the next few years. :|

Actually, i tried to make metal highlights on the shields with the airbrush, but it turned out that i made waves like the little ripples on a sandy beach, and as it is metal, they were VERY visible. So i corrected with the pen, but with the pen my talent is not half of what it should be. I am just painting to rarely. After i finished the Chaos Warriors, i said to my wife: Now i feel ready to paint again. :)

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » Monday March 28th, 2016 6:36am

Beautiful paintjob there, I love the cloaks. As KK said it, plays well with the cold steel :)
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Anderas » Monday March 28th, 2016 7:08am

Thank you TMU! :) Do you paint again or is your GF still keeping you away from HQ? :D They don't change, later, trust me. You're now about to decide if you want to go to university, right? Believe me, that's the last really "free" timeslot in your life until retirement. Doesn't feel like that, but it is.

My lucky string is not over yet! :D I was able to do some double doors /portcullis and the entry stairway of Thantos.

I decided for some kind of african/sandstone mix as seen on Mallorca last year. I thought it too beautiful to forget it.
Basis: Desaturated Gray/Green - fat layer of Sepia - highlight orange - last brush highlight some kind of light Khaki (so more or less green again :) )

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » Monday March 28th, 2016 7:18am

Anderas wrote:Thank you TMU! :) Do you paint again or is your GF still keeping you away from HQ? :D They don't change, later, trust me. You're now about to decide if you want to go to university, right? Believe me, that's the last really "free" timeslot in your life until retirement. Doesn't feel like that, but it is.

Nah, I am single and free as a bird in the sky again :D I am not painting currently, but I got back to making HQ25 anniversary edition, which is closer to HQ30 but anyways. I am back to HQ :)

I actually applied for university of applied sciences to study International Business and am going to entrance examination the 20th of April. |_P
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Monday March 28th, 2016 8:17am

The stone is beautiful, indeed.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » Monday March 28th, 2016 8:45am

+1 for the stone. I would love I see a step by step tutorial as stone is something that has always troubled me.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Redav » Tuesday March 29th, 2016 12:08am

The Road Warrior wrote:+1 for the stone. I would love I see a step by step tutorial as stone is something that has always troubled me.

Same here. It (all) looks fantastic.
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures