• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My minis

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: My minis

Postby IvenBach » Sunday January 28th, 2018 3:51pm

Why clear bases for the Goblins?

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Postby Anderas » Sunday January 28th, 2018 4:54pm

Because it is smaller. And he fits with the other goblins. I have many models on those bases. I will fit the bigger ones on thantos HQ bases but the small ones stay on the little bases. :)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » Sunday January 28th, 2018 9:26pm

Keep painting. I need to get back to it and your progress motivates me to that end.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Saturday February 10th, 2018 8:08pm

I like the colors you chose for the shaman. About those clear bases . . . have you done a whole HQ game set with them? Would you say they look better or worse on the board than the flagstone bases?

Congratulations on passing your tests, by the way!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Sunday March 4th, 2018 12:42am

@Ivenbach, your barbarian is always in the front row of minis in use |_P

@Daedalus

I have a set of them on the clear bases - not many of the originals, though. It is difficult to remove the old base without damaging the feet.
They look rather good on the board with the clear base underneath! However, as i mix in minis from several game systems (40k, Conan, Zombicide...), in some of the other games the base has a meaning. So i can't just remove all of them.
Also i didn't find clear round plates in different sizes than 22mm.

So now i am making a step back and put painted bases underneath. :) Mixing bases looks strange.
Not sure i will do it everywhere, though - those clear bases make the models look smaller, really. So they perfectly fit goblins, skeletons and dwarfs; at least they will stay on clear bases.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » Sunday March 4th, 2018 5:40am

Great paint... I like your Chaos Warrior a lot. And the base is great too. Can't see the need to replace each base with a clean one. The Chaos Warrior base you did is already neuter in my opinion and fit all kind of floor on the board.
And can you please tell me where is that Fomor coming from?

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Sunday March 4th, 2018 7:57am

You better ask Thantos, he may know where to get them. :D

Thanks for the compliment. I have another of those Chaos Warriors half finished but I am not motivated by the color scheme. :lol:

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » Monday March 5th, 2018 4:58am

Wow i hadn't seen the last few posts here yet :D Amazing paint jobs! Great to see the female dwarf painted up too. Thanks for sharing!
http://www.zealotminiatures.co.uk
Models. Resin Casting. High res 3D Printing .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Saturday March 10th, 2018 1:09pm

The female dwarf was a pleasure to paint - it nearly painted itself :-)

Now i made the mistake and bought Morcar on Shapeways. The model was made with some kind of low-resolution 3D print, so it was... don't know how to say... it is completely grainy.
The model itself has not a lot of details. I normally like models with less details - either you have less work for the same silhouette, or you have a canvas to do what you like.

This model not. It was difficult to bring him up to where he is now, there can be no details.

Well, see for yourself :) click on the pictures to go to flickr, there you can choose whatever resolution you like... but it is visible even in the low resolution pictures.

Thantos, don't you want to make a Zargon model maybe? :-)

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Saturday March 10th, 2018 1:23pm

Jesus Christ, what a waste of a nice sculpt, resources, and painting skill...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures