• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My minis

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: My minis

Postby IvenBach » January 28th, 2018, 3:51 pm

Why clear bases for the Goblins?

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » January 28th, 2018, 4:54 pm

Because it is smaller. And he fits with the other goblins. I have many models on those bases. I will fit the bigger ones on thantos HQ bases but the small ones stay on the little bases. :)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » January 28th, 2018, 9:26 pm

Keep painting. I need to get back to it and your progress motivates me to that end.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » February 10th, 2018, 8:08 pm

I like the colors you chose for the shaman. About those clear bases . . . have you done a whole HQ game set with them? Would you say they look better or worse on the board than the flagstone bases?

Congratulations on passing your tests, by the way!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 4th, 2018, 12:42 am

@Ivenbach, your barbarian is always in the front row of minis in use |_P

@Daedalus

I have a set of them on the clear bases - not many of the originals, though. It is difficult to remove the old base without damaging the feet.
They look rather good on the board with the clear base underneath! However, as i mix in minis from several game systems (40k, Conan, Zombicide...), in some of the other games the base has a meaning. So i can't just remove all of them.
Also i didn't find clear round plates in different sizes than 22mm.

So now i am making a step back and put painted bases underneath. :) Mixing bases looks strange.
Not sure i will do it everywhere, though - those clear bases make the models look smaller, really. So they perfectly fit goblins, skeletons and dwarfs; at least they will stay on clear bases.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » March 4th, 2018, 5:40 am

Great paint... I like your Chaos Warrior a lot. And the base is great too. Can't see the need to replace each base with a clean one. The Chaos Warrior base you did is already neuter in my opinion and fit all kind of floor on the board.
And can you please tell me where is that Fomor coming from?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 4th, 2018, 7:57 am

You better ask Thantos, he may know where to get them. :D

Thanks for the compliment. I have another of those Chaos Warriors half finished but I am not motivated by the color scheme. :lol:

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » March 5th, 2018, 4:58 am

Wow i hadn't seen the last few posts here yet :D Amazing paint jobs! Great to see the female dwarf painted up too. Thanks for sharing!
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 10th, 2018, 1:09 pm

The female dwarf was a pleasure to paint - it nearly painted itself :-)

Now i made the mistake and bought Morcar on Shapeways. The model was made with some kind of low-resolution 3D print, so it was... don't know how to say... it is completely grainy.
The model itself has not a lot of details. I normally like models with less details - either you have less work for the same silhouette, or you have a canvas to do what you like.

This model not. It was difficult to bring him up to where he is now, there can be no details.

Well, see for yourself :) click on the pictures to go to flickr, there you can choose whatever resolution you like... but it is visible even in the low resolution pictures.

Thantos, don't you want to make a Zargon model maybe? :-)

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » March 10th, 2018, 1:23 pm

Jesus Christ, what a waste of a nice sculpt, resources, and painting skill...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures