My minis

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: My minis

Postby Anderas » Wednesday July 6th, 2016 10:54am

Thanks! :)
The plowing will stop soon when i have to go back to work.

Mortimer

Graham Chapman in Monty Python's search for the Holy Grail (King Arthur)

And Paul

ImageImage

snow white and the huntsman - Chris Hemsworth

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Postby Anderas » Thursday July 7th, 2016 10:01am

More Zombies!

I can be lucky that they did no Zombeavers.

Lady Faye, better known as Snow White (goes with Paul the Huntsman, posted before)
--> This time i was really forced to do some TMM. I am not very good at that. Look at that leg! But it is already better than nothing, methinks.

ImageImage

Evil Stepmother... erm... no... Queen Medea.
I already thought that slowly i get the hang on how to do faces, then came Queen Medea. She has at least three or maybe four complete layers of make up because it was going wrong all the time. The last time i just made the eyes by making a black line, and little white reflection dots inside. Looks better than expected, and certainly evil! :D

And the entire Snow White Filmcrew together. Wow, Queen Medea can be killed only with Strength 3 Weapons like an Abomination!
Look how shy Huntsman Paul smiles to the camera! :)

And another Necromancer

phew. Now... let's see. The Rest of the Monty Python crew? Some Zombie NPC? Zombies are always fun. They are rapidly done, so you get a rapid reward for the work. :)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Sunday July 10th, 2016 5:29am

And on we go. First, a couple zombies more.

Had a game yesterday, with the NPC's. They are a nice way to adjust the difficulty! They are actually making the game more beautiful, and easier to play: They dilute the zombie stack with more normal walkers (because they are normal walkers), and they open up the access to the vault weapons if you don't find them in the vault.

So, first four. Guess i still have to do some work on them, after seeing the photos.

Again, the zombies prove to be invaluable if you just want to try out some new colors. Really nice.

And here what happens if you apply the same colors on dark base colors. I am officially fan of bright base colors now.

Second abomination, this time in brown colors.

And with his colleague
The brown one could have a little bit more highlights on the muscles. :)

My entire monty python troop. Now i wished for the Knight Level Pledge to have the last two!

Sir Robin the brave

Tim the enchanter

Sir Bedebere

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Sunday July 10th, 2016 2:41pm

And here we go.
This is a mini that waited on my desk between the others, nearly since the first day.

I hope i got him more or less right, so that a certain person is not too angry with me. :)

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Sunday July 10th, 2016 3:05pm

I approve :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Showdown35 » Sunday July 10th, 2016 11:57pm

Needs a little more package...
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

My HeroQuest Homebrew project site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest
Showdown35

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Monday July 11th, 2016 10:39am

Showdown35 wrote:Needs a little more package...

No problem. Anderas, intensify the deep shadows with several glazes of VMC Dark Sea Blue.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Tuesday July 12th, 2016 1:03am

Did it with Bleu Nuit now. The local retailer of Vallejo renamed all colors for the French. Even the Marque is Prince August instead.

What I hate about the dark blues is that they all seem to have either no matte crystals, or too many. Either the model is satin after the use of blue, or it has these grey shimmer in the recesses.

I like the general appearance now, showing violet highlights on blue recesses, that's nice and it is more in contrast with the hair now than it used to be. Good idea KK!

I also corrected the leg a bit where I over painted the boot.
The light was not the best for making a photo, with only my desk lamp turned on.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ragnar IronFist » Wednesday July 13th, 2016 1:13pm

I'm fascinated with how fantastic the cloaks of those 4 headless walkers look. The gradualness of the lowlight to highlight is some of the best I've seen. And some added grime especially on the yellow. How'd you make those look so darn good?!
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Wednesday July 13th, 2016 2:40pm

The Grime is in fact just the choice of colors. It's a black spraycan foundation, blue airbrush foundation on top, and a yellow "normal" brush layer that was thinned enough not to cover entirely. So in the parts where it is not entirely covering, the blue and yellow mixes to "grime" grey. I like it, too, and it is on the list in my head to "repeat it!!".

It was also the use of the old GW colors. The new ones are different. I think they are more difficult to use. I am in the process to switch to Vallejo model air colors (for the brush and the airbrush alike :) ). They are different, so you have to relearn a lot of things, in fact! Just like the new GW Colors.

These four guys have been done 90% with the airbrush. With the normal brush, i am much less good. Normally, i do the most complicated thing with the airbrush (normally the skin), and then i overpaint the model with all the rest, with a normal brush.

So here, some photos that are a little bit better than just the mobile phone cam.

What i did:
* I reworked the hair a little bit so that one hairworm becomes two hairworms.
* I reworked the violet with a little bit of blue so that it has this changing effect between blue and violet
* I corrected the trouser next to the boot.

So now that i am back on work, the target is to keep the one model per day speed until i have done what i want. Let's see if i am able. For the barbarian, i was just getting up one hour before the alarm clock in the morning. This is certainly not a sustainable method.

What i want?
* Everything from Thantos painted because it is great quality
* Everything from Heroquest painted because it is Heroquest
* Everything from Zombicide Black Plague painted because they have style with all their Filmstars and comic stars.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures