• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My minis

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: My minis

Postby Anderas » June 30th, 2016, 10:30 am

Can't get that face sharp somehow!

Silas was difficult. Plus, he looks down, so you invest the time to make a face and then you can't take a good photo.... :)
ImageImage

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby IvenBach » July 1st, 2016, 2:00 am

You are churning them out and with good quality too. Hope to get to mine this weekend.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Anderas » July 1st, 2016, 2:46 am

Yay! I finally remembered how to make good photos! :D Too long i didn't paint and make photos.

My little girl is an absolute fan of Clovis. Since she saw her on the cover of the Zombicide game, she wants a tale about clovis each single day for going to bed. First i was creative. Then i told some stories of Herakles. Now i am telling stories of Odysseus. If it goes on for longer, i will have difficulties finding more stuff. :D

ImageImage

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » July 1st, 2016, 4:36 am

Another Zombie enters the Scene. Where is Xena if you need her?

And for size comparison... they are pretty much like in the other Zombicides.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » July 1st, 2016, 6:36 am

I like how you gave not-Xena some alternative colors to make her less Xena :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » July 1st, 2016, 9:29 am

Yeah i hate this entire Xena Lore. Totally boring. And the actress, "Lucy Lawless" is just another role she plays. :) Plus it was an easy and fast thing to do, and i have a lot of Heroes yet to do.

Now Nelly. This one was complicated! Her left arm and the sword hide half of her face and hair, but you can clearly see the parts if you don't paint them.

Baldric. This one was really a pleasure to paint, easy model, detailed enough to be interesting, but not so detailed that it would stop the entire show for countless extra-hours.
I made the color scheme much more colored, because accidentally i could reuse Nelly's colors here - a wet palette is a great thing but can make you lazy. :D

And my first Necromancer. The Base Game is complete now!

And of course i see the failures. AFTER posting. Like always. :)

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » July 2nd, 2016, 10:04 am

So let us prey now.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 2nd, 2016, 10:32 am

Anderas wrote:So let us prey now.

That's funny right there.
Wonder if they're still after little boys.

Anderas wrote:Can't get that face sharp somehow!

What do you mean? Picture or Paintjob?
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » July 2nd, 2016, 1:18 pm

Had difficulties with the camera.
Normal cameras, you put F to a very high level, and make the shutter time long, voila you have the perfect miniature photo.

The Lumix begins to noise the photo instead.
So you put F to a lower level with less sharp depth, and suddenly it works. Ok, afterwards you can use the reduced sharp plane for putting things in the picture that shall not be sharp. :)

Ok, next batch.

What does a preacher after the service?

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » July 2nd, 2016, 6:23 pm

Anderas wrote:Had difficulties with the camera.
Normal cameras, you put F to a very high level, and make the shutter time long, voila you have the perfect miniature photo.

The Lumix begins to noise the photo instead.
So you put F to a lower level with less sharp depth, and suddenly it works. Ok, afterwards you can use the reduced sharp plane for putting things in the picture that shall not be sharp. :)

Can you control the the ISO and shutter speed?

Sorry if I'm telling you how to suck eggs but as you're after a narrow depth of field (achieved by a large aperture / small F stop number), you need to compensate with ISO or a longer exposure or both. If you can set ISO to 200 or lower (I have no idea what Lumix ISO performance is like), then you probably won't have any noise issues. That means you'll need to use a longer shutter but as long as you use a tripod or something really sturdy, this doesn't matter.

I've been enjoying these minis too, Anderas. Very nice work, especially considering the speed at which it appears you've been doing them. I'll have to send you my mini's hahaha
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures