• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Bloodthirster

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Bloodthirster

Postby Nuadha » November 14th, 2014, 6:02 pm

The big brother of the gargoyle, the old-school Bloodthirster model makes a great advanced threat for heroes.
Move: 6
Attack:5
Defend: 5
Body:6
Mind:6
Special Abilities: "Blood for the Blood God!" If the Bloodthirster hits a hero on his first attack each turn, he make another attack.
Nuadha

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Bloodthirster

Postby cynthialee » November 14th, 2014, 6:51 pm

Neat, where did you get that mini?
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » November 15th, 2014, 12:39 am

ive been trying to find other versions of these I have these two they are cool models, nice paint job by the way
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nuadha » November 17th, 2014, 12:19 pm

Thanks!

CynthiaLee - These are old Games Workshop models from around 1993 or so. The Bloodthirsters they make these days are a good deal larger and wouldn't fit nicely on a board, so you the old out-of-print models are the ones to get.
Nuadha

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » November 18th, 2014, 1:29 pm

Like those old OOP bloodthirsters, will be stalking ebay for them now :D
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » November 18th, 2014, 2:42 pm

I have like 3 (4?) of the original HQ Bloodthirster. (Gargoyle)
I went on a 'buy lots of HQ' frenzy a few years back. I have been waiting for the right time to whip out a 3 demon (that's what I call them in game) fight.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » November 18th, 2014, 4:03 pm

Nuadha wrote:
The big brother of the gargoyle, the old-school Bloodthirster model makes a great advanced threat for heroes.
Move: 6
Attack:5
Defend: 5
Body:6
Mind:6
Special Abilities: "Blood for the Blood God!" If the Bloodthirster hits a hero on his first attack each turn, he make another attack.

It is too weak :) From my point of view it should have about 8 Body Points; otherwise it is just a strong Ogre :D

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 18th, 2014, 4:44 pm

Move 6 Attack 5 / 5* Defend 6 Body 7 Mind 7
The Bloodthirster has 3 Ball of Flame spells which he can cast instead of making the second attack.
*Two attacks: If both attacks are made against the same hero, the second is not defendable.

These stats are based on what I see in the figure.
I plan on using Thantos' (Zealot Miniatures') winged demon, which is similar in intent and scope to classic bloodthirsters, as the Guardian of Grin's Crag at the end of Kellar's Keep, to make him a worthwhile boss monster (with the stats given above), which KK sorely lacks, given that I'll also use double-square hallways (with a two squares long narrow entry point to the actual crag).
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » November 19th, 2014, 3:29 am

Both our counterproposals are equal to an Ogre Chieftain. :) Except for the two attacks and the balls of fire which makes him a lot harder.

The latter is interesting. Did you playtest it? Does he really have the opportunity to cast magic three times?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 19th, 2014, 7:59 am

I have to playtest it before I re-write Kellar's Keep for my setup and ruleset.
Maybe one or two monsters with ranged attacks will support from behind. It might sound harsh, but it's the quest pack ending battle so it's not a bad thing if only one hero reaches the door.

Anderas wrote:Does he really have the opportunity to cast magic three times?

This also makes a variant of line of sight necessary if you haven't my rules in use. My ruleset allows casting a spell on any one figure within the same room or corridor section by default.
This seperates that LoS from the one for ranged weapons.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Miniatures