• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Papercraft Furniture

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Papercraft Furniture

Postby Big Bene » August 11th, 2014, 4:43 am

In the Inn, we have scanned versions of the HQ board, the cards and rules, and some papercraft minis, so in theory, you can get everything here to start playing right away...

Well, there's one exception.
Furniture.

So, here's the plan:
If somweone would provide me with scans of the cardboard furniture parts, I will add the plastic parts and start making papercraft versions of the HQ furniture.
What do you think?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Papercraft Furniture

Postby StratosVX » August 11th, 2014, 7:09 am

Personally, I think it's a great idea. There was someone on here that posted some pictures of what looked to be pretty good quality paper furniture, but I can't remember who it was right now. If we could get them to upload the files they used, that would save time. If I remember correctly, it looked like they were made from HQ images…

Edit: brsathler! That's who it was! Excellent looking furniture.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » August 11th, 2014, 8:36 am

You're right, never noticed those. I think this is better than anything I can do ( at least regarding the graphics, I would have included more 3D elements). It's a pity, and probably the reason why I haven't noticed before, that he never uploaded the papercraft sheets themselfes, only pictures of the assembled models.
If we cold convince him to upload the papercraft, I would see no need for another project.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Necronos » August 13th, 2014, 2:16 am

It would be fantastic to get some papercraft furniture.

I'm currently new to HQ and I'm determined to make my first game completely out of papercraft. I was just sitting here running card stock through my printer and I was wondering how I would deal with this issue. Having a 3D paper model of the furniture would be so much more impressive than just having 2D paper scan of the the top of the furniture that I need.
Necronos

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » August 13th, 2014, 3:25 am

As I said, I don't think I can do it better than Brsathler. For now I would rather wait for him to upload his furniture. If he decides to never upload it (but I can't imagine a reason for this), I still can step in and tinker something.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby StratosVX » August 13th, 2014, 5:34 am

I sent him a message letting him know we are interested. It may be something he sells though. Either way, it looks fantastic.

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » August 28th, 2014, 12:24 am

This thread needs links to the gallery. Brsathler's furniture is found here. I love the throne.

He also made 2D figures for the Main Game System found here. His avatar is a variation of the Elf figure. I wish they had unique back images, but they are great, nontheless. Sir Ragnar, an Orc boss, and a stone Gargoyle are awesome bonuses.

I'd also love to have furniture files to go along with the figure standups. Dice would round out the set, but those images can be gotten elsewhere.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » August 29th, 2014, 12:38 am

He contacted me back and seemed receptive to posting the files he used for the furniture, but he may be busy. It was quite a while before I got a response. I linked this thread in our messages so he could see there was an interest in them.

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby KT_Cobra » August 29th, 2014, 7:52 pm

I, too, messaged him several days ago showing interest in the furniture. I sure hope he uploads them.

In the meantime, there's also the furniture available at http://heroquest.no-ip.com/
KT_Cobra

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby KT_Cobra » September 4th, 2014, 1:42 pm

Just checking in on this subject again because I'm in the process of doing some printing right now. Anyone know the latest info, or is what's here the latest?
KT_Cobra

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Miniatures