• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

knightkrawler's gallery

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: knightkrawler's gallery

Postby knightkrawler » October 30th, 2013, 12:39 pm

It's sculpted. Painted Ushabti Bone, washed with a very very thinned down reddish brown tone.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sjeng » October 30th, 2013, 12:59 pm

Lovely! I especially like the orc lord and fimir. I like the intense look on the fimir. Eddy Wizzard approves.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » October 31st, 2013, 12:02 am

Gotta give the obligatory praise on your entry into the painting hobby. Your knowlege of technique shows already. I like the depth of the Fimir's battle axe blade.

You appear to have done something different with the Chaos Warrior's knee guard. (At least, I've only noticed some other examples that paint the third ridge as leather of the boot--time to check the gallery again.) By looking at the highlights, it seems he has a triple ridge on the knee piece. After checking, I see that matches the monster card. You could paint in a black border line between the bottom of the third ridge and the boot leather if you wanted the colors to seperate more. Don't really know if that would matter much--I'm not too experienced with gray and metal. The sculpt itself seems to confuse things.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby sajungzak » October 31st, 2013, 12:15 am

It was my first attempt so you have to scroll down a bit (on the link in my signature), but I painted my :chaoswarrior: with three ridges on the knee guard. Seemed right. :bites-lip:
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » October 31st, 2013, 2:36 am

Daedalus wrote:Gotta give the obligatory praise on your entry into the painting hobby. Your knowlege of technique shows already. I like the depth of the Fimir's battle axe blade.

You appear to have done something different with the Chaos Warrior's knee guard. (At least, I've only noticed some other examples that paint the third ridge as leather of the boot--time to check the gallery again.) By looking at the highlights, it seems he has a triple ridge on the knee piece. After checking, I see that matches the monster card. You could paint in a black border line between the bottom of the third ridge and the boot leather if you wanted the colors to seperate more. Don't really know if that would matter much--I'm not too experienced with gray and metal. The sculpt itself seems to confuse things.

That's right. It clearly looks like a third ridge in shape and scale (there's the seam in the front, exactly as on the other ridges), but there's a flow into the boot's foldover, especially on the backside. It's really confusing.

Thanks for the kind words, y'all.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » October 31st, 2013, 7:54 am

I thought the kneeguards were pretty clear... Here are some examples by Bruenor and myself. KK did it right ;)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » October 31st, 2013, 8:03 am

Great work knightkrawler. I think your 2nd batch already show a big improvement on the first ones. I especially like the Orc in the 2nd batch ;)
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » October 31st, 2013, 8:17 am

I do like the fimir and the Black Orc myself. The CW... meh. Haven't figured out a color scheme really, instead used him as an excuse to paint armor. Weak point, so far.
Next batch is gonna be a Zombie, another Chaos Warrior, and a 5th edition Beastman. Oh, and making a wet pallette. Or using a bathroom tile or something.

@Sjeng: did you prime those CWs white, basecoated them dark and highlighted them;
or did you prime them black and worked your way towards the highlights?
Or did you use washes?

I think I'm gonna try a drak red scheme, darker than yours, with golden accessories.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » October 31st, 2013, 11:35 am

I primed them black, then painted them in the base colours, highlighting them after that, and I think I only used washes on the chainmail parts.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby ampersand » October 31st, 2013, 5:07 pm

nice stuff dude. i wanna see some of your customs that i once saw over at old scratch get painted up. you did some dwarf skeletons right?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures