• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My HQ painted collection

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: My HQ painted collection

Postby knightkrawler » September 6th, 2016, 10:10 am

RemyT wrote:I'm using the techniques from Mike McVey : base colour over white undercoat applied in successives glazes to keep the white of the base coat visible. Then Highlights with white added to the base color until pure white. Glazes too. And I'll glazes the mini with darker and darker tints. I use for this FW inks so I have the most vibrant color posible plus a smoother transition.

That sounds a liiiiddle like what Jeremie Bonamant Teboul does, but not quite.
Probably a lot of differences, but the thinking and the intention is there.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby RemyT » September 17th, 2016, 3:00 am

Helo!
So as you seemed intersted by my painting, I'm putting here my work on the new warhammer quest. I'm currently working on the painting of the tzaangors and the building of the 3D tomb and treasure chest.
[img][https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/JvDUGAl94M0dU8evHUQw73Tm5_JVPiCSJo_1ez9ABoKfHYbFgFoGJrGhFkuHkA_jeZESukEqyI7yzw=w1920-h1200-no/img]

That's about half of the box done from the released of the game, it should be ready to play for Christmas time.
I used differents techniques on those one for a more "modern" look. I must say that I'm quite please with this new universe of Age of Sigmar. The only issue is that it's called warhammer since it has nothing to do with the previous universe. I quite like te fact that the dungeon is now a living thing were everyone is teleporting from one room to the other. The mechanics is now justified by the background story. I know thta it won't suit to most of the fan of the old world. I just says try the game, it is about the roots of GW : Moorcock, the chaos is.. well chaotic, extravagant, you have differents plan, ever fighting heroes and so on.

I hope you what you see will suit you. I've got others game painted too if you want, no problem, just ask.

Cheers !
Rémy

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
RemyT

Zombie
Zombie

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 17th, 2016, 3:10 am

There's some "Ooohs" and "Aaahs" in order again...
I'll start: look at the goblins' feet, the transition to leg on the front - that's the kind of contrast we wanna have.
The faceless mask of that sorcerer: a focal point of the miniature even though it's one plain surface.
The barbarian's face: again, focal point in the face even with all the detail going on aroung the whole miniature.

Remy, be sure to post the rest because I have a special interest in the Tzaangors.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby RemyT » September 17th, 2016, 3:12 am

I'm working on it, they are some tough nuts with all the colors and fiddly details... Well let's say next month. :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
RemyT

Zombie
Zombie

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Maike05 » September 17th, 2016, 4:01 am

Amazing painting as always, thanks for sharing !

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » September 17th, 2016, 4:17 am

Oh man!

The best miniature also got the best paintjob. I'm talking of course about the barbarian. Stunning!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » September 20th, 2016, 11:29 am

You crazy guy! It's now the fifth time in three days that i come back to check the pictures, and i still don't know what to write. I guess i have to paint another 10 000 minis before i get there! :)

The elf with no face, his cloak is just ugly in the design of the model. You make that this cloak actually looks good.
The golden boy, a model that i absolutely don't like, you show me something about painting gold there.
The blue elf with the yellow-grey - blue skin. I just decided that i need to test this somewhere.
The black man. I tried three times to paint black skin just to give up on it. Another thing that made it on my list now!
The barbarian exposes a lot of skin, and some muscles that are not modeled but just painted. I like it so much! I tried this with my orcs once, but without success.
Those guys with the golden facemasks, i just like everything about them except the model. :) The skin, perfect, their miniskirt, the towel they have in the front with the purple-turquoise contrast, the base... perfect!
Even the new interpretation of pink horrors, they are a deliberately ugly model, but they are just good!

Could you do Conan next please? Or maybe some Zombicide special heroes?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » September 20th, 2016, 12:27 pm

Amazing work, love these. And great photography also!

You just convinced me to buy some of these minis >.< (sigmar knows when ill find time to paint them! but they will be waiiiting for my brush! xD)

More horrors please! Those are my favorite
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Fallensaviour » September 20th, 2016, 10:14 pm

Simply incredible paints,very well done.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby RemyT » September 24th, 2016, 5:02 am

Hello!
I managed to finish two tzaangros so here they are :

Until next time...
Cheers,