• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ampersands stuff

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Ampersands stuff

Postby knightkrawler » August 23rd, 2015, 2:48 pm

Nice, mate. That Minotaur is indeed awesome! I would only give the metals (buckles, cockhornrings) on him a highlight for more contrast, but that's nitpicking.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sjeng » August 23rd, 2015, 2:57 pm

Excellent! Wish I had more time to paint... these look so great, now I want get painting too!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby ampersand » August 23rd, 2015, 3:12 pm

knightkrawler wrote:Nice, mate. That Minotaur is indeed awesome! I would only give the metals (buckles, cockhornrings) on him a highlight for more contrast, but that's nitpicking.

lol stop nitpicking. i enjoyed painting this figure. and thats the most important thing really. ive reached a point with painting these days that 'when its done its done' ive found that dwelling just makes it less enjoyable.
plus..metalics have never been a strong point of mine lol

Sjeng....go paint!!!
i hardly have any time myself. which is why any of my postings are so few and far between. so i just blitz stuff as and when i get the time.

but thanks guys. really enjoyed my rare paint time on that old minotaur. |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » August 23rd, 2015, 6:06 pm

ampersand wrote:ive reached a point with painting these days that 'when its done its done' ive found that dwelling just makes it less enjoyable.

That is very true. I'm sure with even great painters/artists they can see what could have been done differently but within the constraints they had at the time they did their best. Keep learning and improving. I await seeing more of &'s stuff.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby ampersand » September 6th, 2015, 9:33 am

so i finally got something for my dungeons (heroquest specific is on the back burner for the time being)
i finally got my zealot Doors.

so decided to do a few colour tests before i really lay into them

ive got some really cool ideas for these. but just wanted to do some generics first so that i could nail down some base colours. i'm going to toy around with the wood colours on the doors as im still not happy. but almost there. currently im working on adding a little flavour to the others by adding simple and not so simple details here and there, themed doors to represent various lair types, cobwebs, moss, critters and the likes to hopefully add more character to these lovely lil sculpts.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » September 6th, 2015, 11:31 am

I was just reading this post on your blog is his morning. The zealot doors look really good and Im looking forward to seeing some of your ideas for customising them. Sadly I'm probably one of the last backers in the kickstarted so won't be seeing my furniture for a few months yet.

The ahq setup in the final photo looks really good. What size did you print the tiles at?
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » September 6th, 2015, 12:06 pm

First time I've liked those AHQ tiles, especially with the brown bases. Awesome fireplace, but you know that yourself...
I would very much like to play in your group and in that dungeon. You on the path, mate.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby ampersand » September 6th, 2015, 1:42 pm

thanks guys. yeh its getting there now. finally the pieces are starting to come together after a few years of doing bits and bobs.
they are printed at 30mm squares. i can provide the doc if you like? but basically i put everything on a A0 size canvas and then got professionally printed all in 1 foul swoop. then glued them to some black plasti card.
ill be doing very similar for the heroquest board, however i will probably step down to 28mm squares because this AHQ setup can get pretty big on the table. but i could fit everything and some extras onto 1 print. and i plan to do exactly the same for HQ.
my WIP stuff is massive. but im hoping to plow through these doors and make some cool variants for them.
and ive still got 2 more HQ furniture items to finish off.
and then stupid amounts of things to paints.
expansion furniture.
and on
and on
and on

we all suffer the same fate right? |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 6th, 2015, 2:27 pm

ampersand wrote:we all suffer the same fate right? |_P

|_P

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Redav » September 7th, 2015, 7:26 pm

The Road Warrior wrote:I was just reading this post on your blog is his morning.

Same here. I finally worked out that being a follower means that new posts show up in the blogger dashboard so I was having a gander over the post on the weekend.

Looking great! Definitely inspirational stuff there. We're currently moving from a townhouse to a real house and there's a store room which I'm thinking will have a work bench so I'll be able to have a neat setup to get back into my stalled painting :lol:
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures