• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ampersands stuff

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Ampersands stuff

Postby bruenor » July 30th, 2013, 3:42 pm

Most excellent spiffing stuff there sir!

I feel I must demand a step by step on the pieces of furniture, in the interests of all that is good and wonderful in the HQ world.

Really really great stuff, and love the old Goblins, I remember buying the Fantasy Regiments box set waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I was first getting into miniatures.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
bruenor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Road Warrior » July 30th, 2013, 5:27 pm

bruenor wrote:I feel I must demand a step by step on the pieces of furniture, in the interests of all that is good and wonderful in the HQ world.

I second this. Your furniture is amazing Ampersand |_P
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » July 30th, 2013, 5:31 pm

Would you ever submit to having these used to create molds? Their paint jobs would probably remain intact, though they'd require another couple layers of sealant and the use of mold release when molded.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ampersand » July 30th, 2013, 6:09 pm

bruenor wrote:Most excellent spiffing stuff there sir!

I feel I must demand a step by step on the pieces of furniture, in the interests of all that is good and wonderful in the HQ world.

Really really great stuff, and love the old Goblins, I remember buying the Fantasy Regiments box set waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I was first getting into miniatures.

step by step? ha! I make this stuff up as im going. what furniture have I got left to do? treasure chests, alchemists bench, altar and fireplace? hmmmm take you pick! ill do step by step on one of them. maybe alchemists bench as that will end up with lots of neat details and cover most of the basics?

The Road Warrior wrote:
bruenor wrote:I feel I must demand a step by step on the pieces of furniture, in the interests of all that is good and wonderful in the HQ world.

I second this. Your furniture is amazing Ampersand |_P

lol not sure its amazing, ive seen some amazing stuff out there, my take on them yes. I feel many others could better mine most definitely. but thank you for the compliment.

chaoticprime wrote:Would you ever submit to having these used to create molds? Their paint jobs would probably remain intact, though they'd require another couple layers of sealant and the use of mold release when molded.

none of these were really made to be cast to be honest. maybe only the throne would work without a considerable amount of filling required as I don't think the others would cast well due to hollows in areas and such.. I like to think everything everyone makes is their own contemporary creations. casting would somehow detract away from the whole personal creation. so to answer that question. no I doubt I would. I would more so love for these to inspire others to follow suit and create their own. we all love seeing peoples unique creations after all :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » July 30th, 2013, 8:04 pm

ampersand wrote:
none of these were really made to be cast to be honest. maybe only the throne would work without a considerable amount of filling required as I don't think the others would cast well due to hollows in areas and such.. I like to think everything everyone makes is their own contemporary creations. casting would somehow detract away from the whole personal creation. so to answer that question. no I doubt I would. I would more so love for these to inspire others to follow suit and create their own. we all love seeing peoples unique creations after all :)

I understand. Thank you, anyway.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby Ethica » July 31st, 2013, 2:55 pm

Just to add to the list of praise.. These are some truly beautiful works. Even if I knew how you did it and had enough time to try I'm sure I couldn't make them half as good. Greta stuff.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:

Postby chaoticprime » July 31st, 2013, 8:01 pm

This is quite the inspiring topic. I am going to reverse-engineer a few of the above designs, and then craft some approximate replicas using hirst-arts bricks (wooden planks, nail-boards, etc). With any luck I'll be able to come upon some quick n' dirty methods that anyone can use. I actually do have some of the bits used in the above pieces, and also many thousands more (about 2 liters or so).

Rewards:
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby ampersand » August 1st, 2013, 6:36 pm

good thing dude. go for it. would love to see what you create. the hirst arts approach seems like a good one. cant wait to see |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ampersand » August 4th, 2013, 7:56 am

ok here a snippet of my new barbarian mid action shot. :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby bruenor » August 4th, 2013, 8:12 am

Hasslefree barbarian?
Looks mint mate!!!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
bruenor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures