• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

First Look, Female Wizard Hero Concept Art

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: First Look, Female Wizard Hero Concept Art

Postby knightkrawler » July 10th, 2013, 5:32 am

I'm convinced. About her age and boobs.
Less about the bangs.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Jewels! » July 10th, 2013, 4:47 pm

chaoticprime wrote:Collects thimbles.

That must be what is in her pouch there.

What are the things on her head? Hair clips or are the part of a headband?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Jewels!
A diamond in the rough

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » July 10th, 2013, 5:03 pm

Jewels! wrote:
chaoticprime wrote:Collects thimbles.

That must be what is in her pouch there.

What are the things on her head? Hair clips or are the part of a headband?

Vestigial insectoid eyes.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » July 11th, 2013, 4:08 pm

I also ran this one by my daughter who is just four years old. I assume most any girl will prefer a female Wizard over a male one, so I instead set it alongside the original Don Kueker female Wizard. I asked which one she liked more. Her answer was the princess. I got her to indicate the pricess was in fact the Kueker Wizard. I then asked her why she didn't choose Kristina's Wizard. Her answer was she looked like a baby. That is too young. The other Heroes appear in their twenties or thirties.

Image Image

It's evident your going for a cohesive look with the four Heroes, where the hands, feet, and head are easier to view from the table. This works with the stockier males, yet my daughter's assessment indicates certain features are overlarge to be considered beautiful. I'd narrow the nose, jaw and cheeks, bring the eyes closer together, and reduce the lower lip a bit. Narrowing her hair at the top of her head should also mature her look, as would raising the bangs by returning her slim diadem. The Ebberon goggles only serve as a distraction.

The bottom of her legs and shoes also appear too big. The female Elf's feet may be too tiny to keep with the Heroes' look, but a thick-footed female breaks the smaller-female proportion. I think the female Elf's proportions would work better as a guide for a human female's head, while I'd go for something between the male and female Elf for the feet.

ImageImageImage

One reason I believe she identified the Kueker Wizard with a princess is the dress and cape. My guess is Kueker originally designed them down to the feet, like Sinestra the Archmage from the EQP. This doesn't connote the active nature of a dungeon-exploring Hero, but it does reflect her poor combat ability and superior range attack, combined with her outstretched arm. I like the Orc Shaman's robe length best as it reaches to his feet, though the Necromancer's robe length seems acceptable. Having it one, long robe, rather than a skirt and shirt piece helps sustain the impression of ranged spellcaster. I think this is more important than representing a more active and utilitarian look for combat and trap jumping. Another possible variant on the long dress could be it is split towards the bottom. This is partially suggested by some of the fold lines of the Kueker Wizard.

ImageImageImage

Sheathe the dagger, I say. She can't fight with it in her left hand, anyway. I'd also turn her body stance a bit, with her right foot more forward. Some of the Wizards of Morcar have a foot forward, and having her arm more out to the side will match not only the Wizards of Morcar stance, but it will reflect the Hero stance better, as well.

As for the Pamela Anderson boob-job, she's supposed to be a Wizard, not a bar wench. I do like how you cleverly converted the cape lapels, however.

Not sure if the gloves are necessary. I get a night-club performer/stripper vibe from them. Bracelets are better. She also could benefit from one or two of the Kueker beaded accessories to show off her female attitude toward magic.

I hope a criticism or two will be useful to you. My intent is to keep the female Wizard within both the parameters of HQ Hero design and the concept art. Of course, these are all just opinions. Weighed with the opinions of other members, I imagine you can retain the broadest market for the project.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby TMU » July 11th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Good suggestions there, Daedalus :)
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » July 12th, 2013, 1:42 am

Allright man, first of all, Daedalus was not attacking you, I'm 100% sure. He was giving you constructive critisizm. Secondly, please type readable English. Not all forum members here have a degree in English, heck, most aren't even native English, and don't feel like reading each sentence twice to figure out what you're trying to say. At this point, I'm at the point of not reading your posts anymore, because it's too much effort. I've seen plenty of forums where flame wars erupted on a daily basis, with each person trying to out-brain eachother with pompous, grandiloquent texts, and it gets old really fast. Those forums don't bring anything usefull.

Try and keep it friendly and understandable for all members here. We're here to discuss HeroQuest and perhaps get a cool kickstarter going, to help eachother, and to have FUN. Se let's please keep it fun.

Sorry, I mean no disrespect or offense, but I too can lose my temper somewhat.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » July 12th, 2013, 3:25 am

I refuse.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » July 12th, 2013, 3:46 am

I am pretty sure the mini will be much closer to what we all want in three dimensions.
I am also pretty sure there will be a sculptor, more or less professional, but talented at the very least.
This sculptor will know the directions where he can go and where he can't, and there are references like the original minis, which I'm certain he will keep in mind when sculpting.
It's not about tits and bangs, it's about stylistic coherence. The male barbarian is practically nude (and has ridiculous bangs, by the way), and I haven't heard or read anyone complaining about that.
I want this project to happen and I trust the talents of those involved.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby chaoticprime » July 12th, 2013, 4:32 am

knightkrawler wrote:I am pretty sure the mini will be much closer to what we all want in three dimensions.
I am also pretty sure there will be a sculptor, more or less professional, but talented at the very least.
This sculptor will know the directions where he can go and where he can't, and there are references like the original minis, which I'm certain he will keep in mind when sculpting.
It's not about tits and bangs, it's about stylistic coherence. The male barbarian is practically nude (and has ridiculous bangs, by the way), and I haven't heard or read anyone complaining about that.
I want this project to happen and I trust the talents of those involved.

The guy doing the female dwarf and wizard, Michael Brower, is a professional sculptor. As in, that's what he does to earn his living. He also makes practical effects props for low-budget indie films, on the side. Go to http://www.reapermini.com and look his name up.

Rewards:
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » July 12th, 2013, 5:40 pm

I, for one, trust the man completely.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures