• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

First Look, Female Dwarf Hero Concept Art

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: First Look, Female Dwarf Hero Concept Art

Postby Daedalus » June 23rd, 2013, 6:15 pm

Goblin-King wrote:...And for God's sake don't even consider a beard. That is a bad joke that needs to go away forever. :lol:

While I understand adding a beard to a figure will probably make it just plain unappealing as a Hero, the idea that dwarf females are bearded is debatable by Tolkien fans (as distiguished from those who have just seen the movies). Gimli talks about this on p.360 in Appendix A of The Return of the King: "...They are in voice and appearance, and in garb if they must go on a journey, so like to the dwarf-men that the eyes and ears of other peoples cannot tell them apart." Beards are part of the appearance of all dwarf-men, and since dwarf-women are so like to them in appearance as to be nearly indistinguishable, they must have beards.

Peter Jackson has even included some bearded dwarf-women in his Hobbit film. They are hard to catch, but that's what Goolgle Image is for. Jackson was forced to account for family markets not being able to accept strange gender expressions, so he relegated bearded dwarf-women to a joke and some hard-to-notice glimpses in the destruction of Erebor. Tolkien was not so constrained, so for Tolkien fans and those influenced by his seminal works dwarf-women have beards, and dwarf-men like it. Human preferences for feminimity are set aside by those who accept his vision.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » June 23rd, 2013, 6:26 pm

chaoticprime wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:I see a tiny little cleavage there to expand on. Way to go, CP!

That tiny little sliver, to me, was nothing but potential.

I want to be able to play Hero Quest with my daughter one day, and I'm sure she'd prefer female figures. If you go overboard to please the geeks, you lose possible girlfriend and family players. I'd say the best guide is to not depart from the aestetics of the female Barbarian and female Elf figures.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » June 23rd, 2013, 6:40 pm

Sex and nudity are not the same thing.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Jewels! » June 23rd, 2013, 8:14 pm

Strong is sexy, just sayin' ;) You don't need E-cups spilling out the top of a skimpy corset to convey sexiness.

Unless you're a succubus, but that's another story.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Jewels!
A diamond in the rough

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » June 23rd, 2013, 8:28 pm

Jewels wrote:Strong is sexy, just sayin' ;) You don't need E-cups spilling out the top of a skimpy corset to convey sexiness.
Unless you're a succubus, but that's another story.

That is not my intention--D cups, will more than suffice. I think it is rather dutiful to endow the female Wizard. Heroquest aggregates most popular medieval fantasy within its designs. The first two things about nearly every female magic-user you'll find are that they know magic, and they have ample breasts (partially on display due to their ludicrous outfits).

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's any logic greater than just that at work. Hell, for my indie-RPG, one of my characters is a satire of that very trope. What kind of self-respecting female magic-user dresses that way? One that does not have any self-respect. Everyone, meet Justine: Image

That is NOT the concept art for the female Wizard.

As an aside, here is my totally kickass "Western" game cover (the game is a retro-clone NES RPG, so I had a cover made up that barely resembles the actual game or characters--just like most NES RPGs). Image

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby Jewels! » June 23rd, 2013, 9:15 pm

chaoticprime wrote:That is not my intention--D cups, will more than suffice.

Exactly.

chaoticprime wrote: I think it is rather dutiful to endow the female Wizard. Heroquest aggregates most popular medieval fantasy within its designs. The first two things about nearly every female magic-user you'll find are that they know magic, and they have ample breasts (partially on display due to their ludicrous outfits).

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's any logic greater than just that at work. Hell, for my indie-RPG, one of my characters is a satire of that very trope. What kind of self-respecting female magic-user dresses that way? One that does not have any self-respect. Everyone, meet Justine: Image

That is NOT the concept art for the female Wizard.

Justine MUST be the female wizard.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Jewels!
A diamond in the rough

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » June 23rd, 2013, 10:48 pm

Here's the full gallery of her misc in-game art. http://s619.photobucket.com/user/chaoti ... t=3&page=1

Rewards:
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » June 24th, 2013, 5:47 am

Jewels wrote:...Unless you're a succubus, but that's another story.

Justine MUST be the female wizard.

I like how you think xD

But yeah, getting more than enough sexy females from Reaper's Bones, so lets keep HQ child friendly ;)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » June 24th, 2013, 5:03 pm

chaoticprime wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:Just use this - It's basically the same costume :lol:

You'd like the video game I'm making.

Not Safe For Work: http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt27 ... 11159e.png & http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt27 ... 380625.png

The last boss has similar conventions, too.

what was the name of the cartoon this came from

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Jewels! » June 24th, 2013, 5:10 pm

chaoticprime wrote:As an aside, here is my totally kickass "Western" game cover (the game is a retro-clone NES RPG, so I had a cover made up that barely resembles the actual game or characters--just like most NES RPGs). Image

Retro-clone, as in they made a cartridge game for the NES?

Rewards:
Jewels!
A diamond in the rough

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures