• Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

[1st] Ye Olde Inn Figure exchange - pics on page 1!

Topics and Rules for Christmas and Christmas in July miniature exchanges are discussed in this room.

Re: Ye Olde Inn Figure exchange - pics P6 onwards!

Postby Goblin-King » Sunday December 23rd, 2012 11:40am

We'll need to be out even earlier next year :S

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Postby TMU » Sunday December 23rd, 2012 1:59pm

Probably so :D I wonder that where on earth are those minis at the moment.
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Spiky » Friday December 28th, 2012 6:04am

Look what the postman delivered for me this morning! :D

ImageImage

Nice model - at the risk of spoiling who sent it to me, I didn't realise how much difference there was in the North American figures compared to the EU ones - the base is about 1/2 thickness of the ones on my UK goblins!

Thanks a lot for my present! :)
Last edited by Daedalus on Monday December 18th, 2017 1:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added image link

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Friday December 28th, 2012 7:03am

I don't think I've ever seen a base like that either!
The euro bases are like "double" with that little edge. You know what I'm talking about of course!

Three down, two to go?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby tasoe » Friday December 28th, 2012 8:50am

Spiky wrote:Nice model - at the risk of spoiling who sent it to me, I didn't realise how much difference there was in the North American figures compared to the EU ones - the base is about 1/2 thickness of the ones on my UK goblins!

No risk there. Anyone could have model from either continent.
In fact, I have a lot of either type of base and I wouldn't say that thickness is much different. Only the small lip on the edge is what differs.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Another thing about bases I've come across is this:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Same type of base on these fimirs, but the second one is much thicker. If you could also take a look at the fimir's feet, you can see in the first photo that the right fimir's toenails are much higher than the ground. It requires a better photo but I've also seen it in orcs. It was a particular batch I once bought on ebay.
Last edited by Daedalus on Monday December 18th, 2017 1:16pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added image links

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Friday December 28th, 2012 9:07am

The one with the thick base seems overall larger - or is that just the photo playing tricks?

Rewards:
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby tasoe » Friday December 28th, 2012 9:12am

No, same size, he just seems taller cause of the base. And the arm with the axe is a bit stretched so it even higher up.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » Friday December 28th, 2012 10:23am

My internet was down for like 10 days the garbage truck hit the cable, anyway I am still waiting for my mini to get here. :goblin:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ethica » Friday December 28th, 2012 7:26pm

These pics make me wish I was involved. But then again the quality of paint job is better than I can manage. That chaos warrior is so damn good. It's obvious whose done that one. ;)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » Monday December 31st, 2012 12:58pm

Well, hi, I'm back again!

I got my mini some time ago, but wanted to wait until chrismas to unpack it. After chrismas I had to do a fiew visits to relatives etc. and could not attain the internet.

It's very nicely done, I love it!
ImageImageImageImageImage

The girl on the first photo is my nice Larissa, I employed her as a figure-holder.
The modelling work looks simple at first glance, but it's not only the sack, there is much detail in the santa cloak - the cap, the pelt rims, the belt down to the buckle, there are even buttons, it's all there, modelled in full 3-D! Great paintjob, too!
Many, many thanks.

I was a bit late sending my own mini. I started to paint one in time, but all the talking about modelling in the forum got the better of me and I started a whole new project. I had misplaced it for some days, too... :oops: I thought there still would be a chance for it to arrive before/at chrismas, but the post office lady said there was little hope...
Last edited by Big Bene on Monday January 7th, 2013 8:49am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniature Exchange Room