Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Postby aaronAGN » Tuesday October 10th, 2017 10:50pm

Still haven't heard anything...
BUT
I got my Mini in the mail. Painted it. Rough first attempt. Gonna refine and polish and get it looking really good soon.

Image
aaronAGN

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thursday June 8th, 2017 11:24pm
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Postby Thor-in » Tuesday October 10th, 2017 11:17pm

aaronAGN wrote:Still haven't heard anything...
BUT
I got my Mini in the mail. Painted it. Rough first attempt. Gonna refine and polish and get it looking really good soon.

Image


How did you get it?
Last edited by Thor-in on Thursday October 12th, 2017 5:40am, edited 1 time in total.
:skeleton: "Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Thor-in

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion
 
Posts: 188
Images: 5
Joined: Monday April 28th, 2014 3:28pm
Location: New York
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Postby aaronAGN » Wednesday October 11th, 2017 12:00am

aaronAGN

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thursday June 8th, 2017 11:24pm
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Postby aaronAGN » Wednesday October 11th, 2017 2:05am

So the mini is apparently completely hollow. And there's a hole drilled/carved into the bottom.
I was thinking of filling it with something to make it solid and give it some weight. Maybe even solidifying it might make it more durable.

My first thought was some sort of liquid that would dry and solidify. Like maybe some sort of gel adhesive or something.
Any suggestions and feedback would be great.

Image
aaronAGN

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thursday June 8th, 2017 11:24pm
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Postby Thor-in » Wednesday October 11th, 2017 5:15am

aaronAGN wrote:So the mini is apparently completely hollow. And there's a hole drilled/carved into the bottom.
I was thinking of filling it with something to make it solid and give it some weight. Maybe even solidifying it might make it more durable.

My first thought was some sort of liquid that would dry and solidify. Like maybe some sort of gel adhesive or something.
Any suggestions and feedback would be great.

Image


Plaster of Paris, it’s a hobby plaster that you add water to that will be like soup until it drys.
:skeleton: "Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Thor-in

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion
 
Posts: 188
Images: 5
Joined: Monday April 28th, 2014 3:28pm
Location: New York
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Postby Anderas » Wednesday October 11th, 2017 8:16am

Leave it hollow.
Really.
It is more resistant to damage with less weight.
Don't fill up.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1827
Images: 35
Joined: Saturday September 20th, 2014 7:02am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Postby aaronAGN » Wednesday October 11th, 2017 9:01am

Anderas wrote:Leave it hollow.
Really.
It is more resistant to damage with less weight.
Don't fill up.


How is it more durable with such thin plastic and being completely hollow?
aaronAGN

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thursday June 8th, 2017 11:24pm
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Postby clmckay » Wednesday October 11th, 2017 9:42am

Personally I'd fill it up. I'd hate the weight of such a light-weight mini.

From a basic physics standpoint though, adding material to the inside will increase the weight, which will increase the force suffered in a fall dramatically. The added interior weight will not prevent the outer superstructure from cracking in a fall - they're two, not really bonded, layers. The outside will then suffer increased force in the drop and be more apt to crack.


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Storm Master
Storm Master
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Sunday March 16th, 2014 10:25am
Location: USA
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Postby aaronAGN » Wednesday October 11th, 2017 10:00am

clmckay wrote:Personally I'd fill it up. I'd hate the weight of such a light-weight mini.

From a basic physics standpoint though, adding material to the inside will increase the weight, which will increase the force suffered in a fall dramatically. The added interior weight will not prevent the outer superstructure from cracking in a fall - they're two, not really bonded, layers. The outside will then suffer increased force in the drop and be more apt to crack.


I was less concerned with falls and more concerned with other stuff hitting it or crushing it in the box. For example I have a goblin whose sword broke off and other little concerns like that.
aaronAGN

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thursday June 8th, 2017 11:24pm
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Thursday October 19th, 2017 6:46am

Ooh! Look who came in the mail yesterday!

Image


Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Wednesday July 26th, 2017 7:12am
Location: North Carolina, US
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Trendiction [Bot] and 0 guests