• Advertisement

Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Postby Anderas » Wednesday September 27th, 2017 11:08am

Is it possible to use a high gloss varnish to cover those "sandstone" miniatures?

Did you try once?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby aaronAGN » Wednesday September 27th, 2017 11:43am

Thantos wrote:Which material did you order in? I'll let you know which printer they use and link some examples :)

White strong and flexible is SLS powder printing
Will show up like the image
Only a problem if you mind a grainy sandstone texture

"Frosted ultra detail" = Objet 30 Prime, Veroclear at 16um Z will be your best bet on their materials to get good detail and a smother surface.
To better remove the frostiness of the print, soak in a 5% Sodium Hydroxide (drain cleaner) solution for up to 40 minutes then scrub with a toothbrush. |_P

I ordered the strong and flexible standard option.
The one pictured above. I'd prefer more durable. I don't need ultra fine detail. Especially if it's more brittle.

I read that it's properly scaled to the HQ minis. Anyone have any comparison pics?
aaronAGN

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Tuesday October 3rd, 2017 3:07am

I saw online a tutorial on how to melt away the grainy surface with a homemade chemical mist bath. It might help you out if the grain is too pronounced.

A Marvel-styled Morcar/Zargon miniature has been made in lead. I'm not sure if more may be bought from Geoff Sims at Oakbound Miniatures who did the commission. Check out this blog for the story.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » Tuesday October 3rd, 2017 9:35am

Daedalus wrote:I saw online a tutorial on how to melt away the grainy surface with a homemade chemical mist bath. It might help you out if the grain is too pronounced.

A Marvel-styled Morcar/Zargon miniature has been made in lead. I'm not sure if more may be bought from Geoff Sims at Oakbound Miniatures who did the commission. Check out this blog for the story.

Cool. Thanks for the info.
I'll look into the Geoff Sims mini. I'd love to add to my HQ collection.
aaronAGN

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Thursday October 5th, 2017 3:21pm

Holy crap! That's a box 'o Morcars! It seems they can even be ordered! Check this post towards the end as to how.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » Friday October 6th, 2017 12:00am

Daedalus wrote:Image

Holy crap! That's a box 'o Morcars! It seems they can even be ordered! Check this post towards the end as to how.

I checkedout the post
I didn't see how
aaronAGN

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Friday October 6th, 2017 9:21am

aaronAGN wrote:
Daedalus wrote:Holy crap! That's a box 'o Morcars! It seems they can even be ordered! Check this post towards the end as to how.

I checkedout the post
I didn't see how

It looks like you'll have to contact a guy who has some. It looks like he hangs out in the linked Oldhammer forum by the username Weazil. I've just joined there and am working on getting in touch.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » Friday October 6th, 2017 5:08pm

Spookyhappyfun wrote:
aaronAGN wrote:
Daedalus wrote:Holy crap! That's a box 'o Morcars! It seems they can even be ordered! Check this post towards the end as to how.

I checkedout the post
I didn't see how

It looks like you'll have to contact a guy who has some. It looks like he hangs out in the linked Oldhammer forum by the username Weazil. I've just joined there and am working on getting in touch.

Yeah. I just followed the trail to his blog and sent him a message with Google hangouts
aaronAGN

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » Saturday October 7th, 2017 5:11am

aaronAGN wrote:
Spookyhappyfun wrote:
aaronAGN wrote:

I checkedout the post
I didn't see how

Yeah. I just followed the trail to his blog and sent him a message with Google hangouts

Have you heard anything back from him yet? Just wondering because I sighed up at old hammer to try to receive a miniature as well.
:skeleton: "Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » Saturday October 7th, 2017 7:34am

Thor-in wrote:
Have you heard anything back from him yet? Just wondering because I sighed up at old hammer to try to receive a miniature as well.

Not yet no
aaronAGN

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures