• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Postby knightkrawler » December 16th, 2014, 4:13 pm

cynthialee wrote:Morcar/Zargon ~ Mentor.... the same man. Each a facet of a mind shattered by the powerful sorceries that he sought to control. A harsh price the entire world must pay.

Thank you! |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Goblin-King » December 17th, 2014, 4:27 am

Fanfiction circlejerking: The thread

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » December 17th, 2014, 7:11 am

notnorm wrote:Your beautiful work inspired this.
I really like your work.
I would however respectfully recommend to order a high detail printout, make a mold from it and cast the minis for selling. I use the service of Shapeway myself frequently, and I must say that "strong and flexible plastic" is not detailed enough, whereas "frosted detail" and "frosted ultra detail" resin is too brittle - those fingers won't last for long. Don't want to spoil anything here, just a hint that you can take or leave.

cynthialee wrote:Morcar/Zargon ~ Mentor.... the same man. Each a facet of a mind shattered by the powerful sorceries that he sought to control. A harsh price the entire world must pay.
knightkrawler wrote:Thank you! |_P
I would really recommend to everybody to read the older thread about this matter. Was a really great conversation.
For actual gameplay, I would rather keept it simple, however. So for me, this figure remains Mentor... |_P
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » December 17th, 2014, 10:05 am

I tried to find the old thread. Could you help me out?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » December 18th, 2014, 7:22 am

Anderas wrote:I tried to find the old thread. Could you help me out?

Sure thing.

As for myself, I always thought the figure on the Gamemaser's screen represents Mentor, reading to the heroes from loretome, and the monsters swarming in the shadows under his cloac are a symbol of the grim stories he has to tell. Ever saw it this way, since I purchased my first copy back in the eighties, and only realized that it could be interpreted in a different way here at the inn. I still think that he is proberly meant to be Mentor - supported by the small image on the hero cards and the European gamebook, as well as the Marvel winter special, which I consider "more canon" than the sticker album, since it was supbervised by Stephen Baker.
(Well, that is, if he is either Mentor or "Zorgar". Like most nerds would, I like the idea that they are the same person best, but this was probably not intended by the authors).
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » December 18th, 2014, 4:31 pm

Thanks a lot! I like the story.
It would explain why he would read in Loretome of an hero's death an he sends him anyway, and without warning. This is so evil if you think about it, it explains everything.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » September 27th, 2017, 12:42 am

So how many people actually have this mini in their HQ collection?
Can any of you speak to its quality?

aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » September 27th, 2017, 5:26 am

If you print it with shapeways - pretty shocking in my humble opinion :P
Im doing a print for Ludus Magnus at the moment, will be using this guy as the wizard in heroquest :D I think he is perfect. Will link here when he is cast for them and their site if anyone is interested in him :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » September 27th, 2017, 9:22 am

Thantos wrote:If you print it with shapeways - pretty shocking in my humble opinion :P
Im doing a print for Ludus Magnus at the moment, will be using this guy as the wizard in heroquest :D I think he is perfect. Will link here when he is cast for them and their site if anyone is interested in him :D

Wait. Shocking? As in bad? Bad quality? I ordered one this morning. It's like $12 at it's cheapest. If it's a lousy mini, I'll cancel my order.
How is it overall?
On a scale of 1-10 if the original HQ minis are 10s.
Can you compare it to the HQ minis or even the inexpensive white plastic minis from Reaper Bones ?
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » September 27th, 2017, 9:28 am

Which material did you order in? I'll let you know which printer they use and link some examples :)

White strong and flexible is SLS powder printing
Will show up like the image
Only a problem if you mind a grainy sandstone texture

"Frosted ultra detail" = Objet 30 Prime, Veroclear at 16um Z will be your best bet on their materials to get good detail and a smother surface.
To better remove the frostiness of the print, soak in a 5% Sodium Hydroxide (drain cleaner) solution for up to 40 minutes then scrub with a toothbrush. |_P
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures