Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Postby knightkrawler » Tuesday December 16th, 2014 4:13pm

cynthialee wrote:Morcar/Zargon ~ Mentor.... the same man. Each a facet of a mind shattered by the powerful sorceries that he sought to control. A harsh price the entire world must pay.

Thank you! |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Postby Goblin-King » Wednesday December 17th, 2014 4:27am

Fanfiction circlejerking: The thread

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » Wednesday December 17th, 2014 7:11am

notnorm wrote:Your beautiful work inspired this.
I really like your work.
I would however respectfully recommend to order a high detail printout, make a mold from it and cast the minis for selling. I use the service of Shapeway myself frequently, and I must say that "strong and flexible plastic" is not detailed enough, whereas "frosted detail" and "frosted ultra detail" resin is too brittle - those fingers won't last for long. Don't want to spoil anything here, just a hint that you can take or leave.

cynthialee wrote:Morcar/Zargon ~ Mentor.... the same man. Each a facet of a mind shattered by the powerful sorceries that he sought to control. A harsh price the entire world must pay.
knightkrawler wrote:Thank you! |_P
I would really recommend to everybody to read the older thread about this matter. Was a really great conversation.
For actual gameplay, I would rather keept it simple, however. So for me, this figure remains Mentor... |_P
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Wednesday December 17th, 2014 10:05am

I tried to find the old thread. Could you help me out?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » Thursday December 18th, 2014 7:22am

Anderas wrote:I tried to find the old thread. Could you help me out?

Sure thing.

As for myself, I always thought the figure on the Gamemaser's screen represents Mentor, reading to the heroes from loretome, and the monsters swarming in the shadows under his cloac are a symbol of the grim stories he has to tell. Ever saw it this way, since I purchased my first copy back in the eighties, and only realized that it could be interpreted in a different way here at the inn. I still think that he is proberly meant to be Mentor - supported by the small image on the hero cards and the European gamebook, as well as the Marvel winter special, which I consider "more canon" than the sticker album, since it was supbervised by Stephen Baker.
(Well, that is, if he is either Mentor or "Zorgar". Like most nerds would, I like the idea that they are the same person best, but this was probably not intended by the authors).
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Thursday December 18th, 2014 4:31pm

Thanks a lot! I like the story.
It would explain why he would read in Loretome of an hero's death an he sends him anyway, and without warning. This is so evil if you think about it, it explains everything.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » Wednesday September 27th, 2017 12:42am

So how many people actually have this mini in their HQ collection?
Can any of you speak to its quality?

aaronAGN

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » Wednesday September 27th, 2017 5:26am

If you print it with shapeways - pretty shocking in my humble opinion :P
Im doing a print for Ludus Magnus at the moment, will be using this guy as the wizard in heroquest :D I think he is perfect. Will link here when he is cast for them and their site if anyone is interested in him :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.zealotminiatures.co.uk
Models. Resin Casting. High res 3D Printing .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Thantos

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » Wednesday September 27th, 2017 9:22am

Thantos wrote:If you print it with shapeways - pretty shocking in my humble opinion :P
Im doing a print for Ludus Magnus at the moment, will be using this guy as the wizard in heroquest :D I think he is perfect. Will link here when he is cast for them and their site if anyone is interested in him :D

Wait. Shocking? As in bad? Bad quality? I ordered one this morning. It's like $12 at it's cheapest. If it's a lousy mini, I'll cancel my order.
How is it overall?
On a scale of 1-10 if the original HQ minis are 10s.
Can you compare it to the HQ minis or even the inexpensive white plastic minis from Reaper Bones ?
aaronAGN

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » Wednesday September 27th, 2017 9:28am

Which material did you order in? I'll let you know which printer they use and link some examples :)

White strong and flexible is SLS powder printing
Will show up like the image
Only a problem if you mind a grainy sandstone texture

"Frosted ultra detail" = Objet 30 Prime, Veroclear at 16um Z will be your best bet on their materials to get good detail and a smother surface.
To better remove the frostiness of the print, soak in a 5% Sodium Hydroxide (drain cleaner) solution for up to 40 minutes then scrub with a toothbrush. |_P
http://www.zealotminiatures.co.uk
Models. Resin Casting. High res 3D Printing .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Thantos

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures