• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Workshop : New Heroes and Complete Set Painting

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Workshop : New Heroes and Complete Set Painting

Postby Seb » April 13th, 2015, 12:27 am

Auckland Redav :)

In other news, I was reading over long past posts sent during my time at sea. Couple folks asked for images of other figures I have painted; so here they are. A blood bowl team I did on commission about two years back and a detailed Treeman miniature for another Blood Bowl player.

More heroquest goodies soon, my container arrived and I just moved into my new house in Auckland yesterday - so busy busy unpacking! Need more :goblin: minions..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » April 13th, 2015, 1:41 am

Auckland, cool! I was living in Lynfield for about half a year, together with a chinese family. It's a nice place to be.

I don't know why but i remember this one quite good.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Seb » April 19th, 2015, 10:39 pm

Well.. so strange to see all my projects again. A few I had actually forgotten I was completing too. Shall post new images in the next couple of days :)

I had a look at my spare custom bases and only have bubbled sets left; something I can deal with but I can't deem worthy sending to someone.

However; I spoke to my manufacturing guy and he is currently setting up a new production mould for me. I have a few project ideas and more than a couple of folks have expressed interest in some themselves. I'll keep you updated on this also.

For the moment, had to share my discovery afternoon unpacking the hobby desk :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » April 21st, 2015, 8:24 pm

Hey, the weapons on the orcs early in your thread look great. Any chance you could shed some light on how you did that? Is it different to the rusty tutorial?

Seb wrote:I've been rebasing a few spare figures into my Heroquest collection, having filled out the requisite numbers for Warhammer Quest in Battle Level 1 etc. It gave me the opportunity to show a handful of figures some detail love; so I began looking up how to do some mangled rust SFX on weapons. I ended up requiring pastes, airbrushes, chalks and powders etc etc.. it was simply nuts. So I sat down and decided to develop a straightforward by the numbers method - this is what I settled on:

In order using both previous and current GW versions of paint; stipple paint along the weapon:

Boltgun Metal Base > Scorched Brown/Rhinox Hide > Vermin Fur/Skrag Brown > Jokaero Orange > Edging with Boltgun Metal.

The Jokaero Orange serves as a really dry orange effect - personal choice, but I find it adds an aged, ingrained and long term rust effect. Your mileage may vary

Hope this impromptu tutorial helps folks!
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Seb » April 22nd, 2015, 3:08 am

Hi, that formula is pretty much still it; just larger surface area on Orc weapons and it was early days in doing this weathering effect. :)

Updating with the new models I was working on early last year for a Lustria adventure using old sixth edition plastics Saurus.

Basic common poses with one to be dressed up as a champion with head gear. A fair amount of putty work ahead to unify base+feet, arms and torsos and clean up mould lines etc:

Image Image

When placing the Skinks, found it more homogenous to have several crossways rather than single file down the centre of the base; your thoughts?

And in direct lifting of a great idea, I started work on a Wood Elf Wardancer figure - original bloody-obvious-now-that-I-see-it idea by Bloodsbane

Yet to add Elf icon to head dress and a coupe small details. Painted up you'll be hard pressed to think her Dark Elf Witch. Thanks Bloodsbane!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » April 22nd, 2015, 8:19 am

Seb wrote:Hi, that formula is pretty much still it; just larger surface area on Orc weapons and it was early days in doing this weathering effect. :)

Yup, righto. Are any of those watered down or are they just applied as is?

Also, did this fella ever get some treatment?
Seb wrote:Image

Time to paint Fimir's and another hero :)
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Seb » April 22nd, 2015, 6:38 pm

The Scorched brown is watered down - treating it like a heavy dirt wash - The Vermin fur is stippled to provide and old age rust, whilst the orange is fresh rust, requiring only a light application. Silver edging is on surfaces prone to use/scratches.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » April 23rd, 2015, 3:46 am

Now seeing those sauruses it comes to my mind that it would require not too much work to mod them into fimir. Cut out the eye section and remodel it, and add a club to the tail.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Harry » April 23rd, 2015, 1:33 pm

Hey Seb,
Great to find you here .... not sure why I would be surprised. :D
Look forward to continued inspiration in the future.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Harry
Does

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Seb » April 24th, 2015, 1:20 am

Cheers Harry :D

And nice spot idea Big Bene; they're nearly as big too.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures