• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Huge painting project for Heroquest

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Huge painting project for Heroquest

Postby Patroclus » May 15th, 2012, 6:00 am

I like the eyes... They are like burning coals... |_P

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby gravaillon » May 16th, 2012, 1:16 am

Very powerful project indeed ! Your a great painter ! Can't wait to see more !
Unfortnately, I don't like the dragon's strike minis... Even if they are very well painted too, I don't like how they are sculpted, particulary the dragon wich looks like a chicken...
But once again, very good work ! Hail to you !
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby tasoe » May 16th, 2012, 6:08 am

Goblin-King wrote:That is one excellent painted goblin! I really think you are improving. The blending on the skin is really good :-)
(only 9 more goblins to go!)

Thanks a lot! Why 9 more? 5 if anything. Anyway that is not a case, this was a single goblin I had to paint for someone.

gravaillon wrote:Very powerful project indeed ! Your a great painter ! Can't wait to see more !
Unfortnately, I don't like the dragon's strike minis... Even if they are very well painted too, I don't like how they are sculpted, particulary the dragon wich looks like a chicken...
But once again, very good work ! Hail to you !

Thanks for your compliment. I agree about the dragon strike minis. The dragon DOES look like a chicken! I'm glad someone else thinks that as well. The worst figures however would have to be its orcs. I dread the time when I'm gonna have to paint them.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » May 16th, 2012, 9:02 am

10...? Not really sure now I think about it... I think I once went through all quests and counted what the highest amount of monsters you could encounter in a single quest were. I think some quests have 10 goblins.
Are there really only 6 goblins in the base set?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby tasoe » May 16th, 2012, 9:46 am

yep, only 6 goblins in the base set. I guess some quests must have more than 6 with the assumption that there won't be a commando-kamikaze player going about the board opening all the doors.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Seb » May 19th, 2012, 12:41 am

That Goblin is sharp, clean work with just the right amount of shading to be a Red Shirt and not show up a hero piece.

Lovely stuff.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » May 19th, 2012, 3:30 am

Seb wrote:That Goblin is sharp, clean work with just the right amount of shading to be a Red Shirt and not show up a hero piece.

But he is wearing a blue shirt!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » May 19th, 2012, 6:35 am

Sjeng wrote:the teeth!! oh, my Goddess the teeth! *mind blown*

Seem to be quite a lot... :mrgreen:
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby tasoe » May 24th, 2012, 7:35 am

Big Bene wrote:
Sjeng wrote:the teeth!! oh, my Goddess the teeth! *mind blown*

Seem to be quite a lot... :mrgreen:

You mean a lot of teeth? Yeah, I suppose they are, I wish there were fewer of them, easier to paint!

Anyway, just wanted to add the alchemist's bench, without the skull yet, hope you like the rest though!

Rewards:
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » May 24th, 2012, 10:28 am

You mean a lot of teeth? Yeah, I suppose they are, I wish there were fewer of them, easier to paint!

Yup - they have certainly more than a normal human (32 if I remember correcly). Of course this is due to the casting method - a real skull has a "hollow" part between the teeth and the branches of the mandibule. It was probably impossible to cast this hole, so they filled it with extra teeth... :D
The alchmists bench looks awesome, by the way. Such minute details at this tiny scale!
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures