• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

What would you like to see at Ye Olde Inn?

Found some typos or dead links? Is there an area you would like to see added? Is there something you would like to contribute to Ye Olde Inn? Let us know!
Forum rules
Please post only those issues relating to the http://www.yeoldeinn.com/ Website and its pages. Issues relating to the Ye Olde Inn Community Forum or Blog do not go here.

Re: What would you like to see at Ye Olde Inn?

Postby Daedalus » April 27th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Those new icons of the covers in the Official HeroQuest Releases, Published Quest Releases, and the HeroQuest Merchandise subforums are awesome! I wish I could see larger versions of them--maybe a link to the Gallery would work. Of course, you'd have to post them there for viewing.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » April 27th, 2012, 11:22 pm

Glad you like them. They're just smaller versions of the book and box images found on the homepage.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Maike05 » May 31st, 2012, 5:02 pm

drathe, i was wondering if it was possible the create a blog at yeoldeinn where the community could share their love about heroquest and write article, post photos of saturday night dungeon and DM tips?

I know the forum is there for that, but i'd like a blog! :) I see at least 5 reasons for that :
- the news section of the website isn't updated on a regularly basis because everyone knows you don't have time to do so :) So let us update it ourselves !
- improve yeoldeinn's community visibility on the web! We will show around the world how great our community and its creations are !
- provide a common place, complementary to the forum to SHARE picture, ready to print quests, painting techniques, Dm Tips, cool pictures, ... The forum would then be a place to TALK about Heroquest between people as it always was.
- possibility to have a mobile version of yeoldeinn (smartphones...).
- Provide another chanel for the great community members we have to make the promotion of their great work ! Additionally, I've seen that many member here already have their own blogs, but unfortunately, they aren't much visited due to a lack of promotion (in my opinion).

Does anyone else would support this idea ? Does anyone knows a way the implement it easily ?

***** EDIT*****
In fact, this is already possible with blogger!
I made a quick sketch of what could be the community blog: a blog written BY the community, FOR the community of Ye Olde Inn !
Check it out ! yeoldeinn-heroquest.blogspot.com

In practice, there is a possibility to invite and add trusted writters to the blog. Anyone interested in this project should then email a motivated request to a shared email adress : yeoldeinn.blog@gmail.com

I think this project will boost even more the sharing of ideas amongst and provide a place to visit, enjoy and read about our favourite game ! What do you think ? I'm pretty excited !!
Last edited by Maike05 on June 2nd, 2012, 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » May 31st, 2012, 11:11 pm

I think this is a great idea.

With the administration duties of the Website and Forum, I unfortunately do not have time to maintain a blog as well. However, if you, or anyone else wants to ensure the blog is administered and moderated properly, I see no reason for not giving it a go.

As this is being presented as a community blog, if the community is on board, I'll add a link to the blog on the Website menu bar.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 5th, 2012, 11:57 am

I'm in!! :D
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » June 14th, 2012, 2:41 pm

Hi drathe, as I consider Ye Olde Inn the HeroQuest bible I went there looking to know how many and which miniatures are included in each set and I couldn't find the info, miniatures are often expressed only in total.
Now, I think that should be added to the pages, here's the info for every set in both English and Italian:

English Game System:
35 highly detailed figures (1 Barbarian, 1 Dwarf, 1 Elf, 1 Wizard, 8 Orcs, 6 Goblins, 3 Fimir, 4 Chaos Warriors, 1 Chaos Warlock, 1 Gargoyle, 4 Skeletons, 2 Zombies, 2 Mummies)

Italian Game System:
35 dettagliatissime miniature della Citadel Miniatures (1 Barbaro, 1 Nano, 1 Elfo, 1 Mago, 8 Orchi, 6 Goblin, 3 Fimir, 4 Guerrieri del Caos, 1 Mago del Caos, 1 Gargoyle, 4 Scheletri, 2 Zombi, 2 Mummie)

English Kellar's Keep:
17 finely-detailed Monsters (8 Orcs, 6 Goblins, 3 Fimir)

Italian Kellar's Keep already contains all the info about it.

English Return of the Witch Lord:
16 finely-detailed Monsters (8 Skeletons, 4 Mummies, 4 Zombies)

Italian Return of the Witch Lord already contains all the info about it.

English Against the Ogre Horde already contains all the info about it.
Italian Against the Ogre Horde already contains all the info about it.

English Wizards of Morcar already contains all the info about it.
Italian Wizards of Morcar already contains all the info about it.

English The Frozen Horror:
15 finely-detailed plastic figures (1 Female Barbarian, 6 Mercenaries, 3 Ice Gremlins, 2 Polar Warbears, 2 Yeti, 1 Frozen Horror)

Italian The Frozen Horror:
15 miniature di plastica finemente dettagliate (1 Donna Barbaro, 6 Mercenari, 3 Gremlin dei Ghiacci, 2 Orsi Polari, 2 Yeti, 1 Orrore Ghiacciato)

English Mage of the Mirror:
13 finely-detailed plastic figures (1 Female Elf, 1 Elven Archmage, 2 Elven Warriors, 2 Elven Archers, 3 Giant Wolves, 4 Ogre Warriors)

Italian Mage of the Mirror:
13 miniature di plastica finemente dettagliate (1 Donna Elfo, 1 Arcimaga Elfica, 2 Guerrieri Elfici, 2 Arcieri Elfici, 3 Lupi Giganti, 4 Ogre Guerrieri)

Thanks! Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 14th, 2012, 3:37 pm

BGG had a thread about a new owner of the game that wasn't sure of the exact figures of the Game System. He feared his game lacked the Orc with the large (notched) sword. Would it be worth the trouble to extend Derfel Link's idea by listing the number of individual weapon types of the Orc and Goblin figures?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » June 14th, 2012, 4:56 pm

Daedalus wrote:Would it be worth the trouble to extend Derfel Link's idea by listing the number of individual weapon types of the Orc and Goblin figures?

Good point Daedalus! Here's all the info.

English Game System (unpunched picture of the north-american version):
35 highly detailed figures (1 Barbarian, 1 Dwarf, 1 Elf, 1 Wizard, 8 Orcs [3 with Sword, 2 with Flail, 2 with Cleaver, 1 with Notched Sword], 6 Goblins [2 with Sword, 2 with Hatchet, 2 with Curved Sword], 3 Fimir, 4 Chaos Warriors, 1 Chaos Warlock, 1 Gargoyle, 4 Skeletons, 2 Zombies, 2 Mummies)

Italian Game System (I guess it's the same as above):
35 dettagliatissime miniature della Citadel Miniatures (1 Barbaro, 1 Nano, 1 Elfo, 1 Mago, 8 Orchi [3 con Spada, 2 con Mazza Ferrata, 2 con Mannaia, 1 con Spada Frastagliata], 6 Goblin [2 con Spada, 2 con Ascia, 2 con Scimitarra], 3 Fimir, 4 Guerrieri del Caos, 1 Mago del Caos, 1 Gargoyle, 4 Scheletri, 2 Zombi, 2 Mummie)

English Kellar's Keep (I guess it's the same as below):
17 finely-detailed Monsters (8 Orcs [3 with Sword, 2 with Flail, 2 with Cleaver, 1 with Notched Sword], 6 Goblins [2 with Sword, 2 with Hatchet, 2 with Curved Sword], 3 Fimir)

Italian Kellar's Keep (unpunched picture of the european version):
17 dettagliatissime miniature della Citadel Miniatures (8 Orchi [3 con Spada, 2 con Mazza Ferrata, 2 con Mannaia, 1 con Spada Frastagliata], 6 Goblin [2 con Spada, 2 con Ascia, 2 con Scimitarra], 3 Fimir)

Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 15th, 2012, 12:32 pm

Thank you for the suggestion and translations.

As the descriptions on the resource pages are verbatim from the back of the boxes. I would prefer keeping those as they are. However, I do have two other possible locations for this additional info.

Location options:
  1. Below each miniature on the various Miniature Pages.
  2. Beside the Miniatures link on the various resource pages.
  3. Both 1 & 2.

I think I'll go with 3 and work on this over the weekend.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » June 18th, 2012, 11:41 pm

I've not forgotten about adding the quantities of miniatures. Just couldn't find time for it this weekend. Should be able to do it during the week.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Website Discussion Room