• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

A4 help needed.

Found some typos or dead links? Is there an area you would like to see added? Is there something you would like to contribute to Ye Olde Inn? Let us know!
Forum rules
Please post only those issues relating to the http://www.yeoldeinn.com/ Website and its pages. Issues relating to the Ye Olde Inn Community Forum or Blog do not go here.

A4 help needed.

Postby drathe » May 16th, 2009, 7:20 pm

I'm currently trying to condense the content at Ye Olde Inn due to the Web Host (StartLogic) claiming that we are using storage space that is 'above normal' on our 'Unlimited Storage' plan.

I'm hoping that I've been able to adjust the files of the Card and Tile pages so that either Standard Letter (North American Paper Size) and A4 (the better paper size the rest of the world uses that I wish we used here in Canada) can print properly from the same file without altering/shrinking the printed cards. I've already tested on Standard Letter, but since I don't have A4 paper, I'm unable to test the output on A4.

Here's where our friends around the world could help. Below are two attached files. One for a page of European Card Backs (I used European Cards as most Europeans are likely to have them to compare the sizes to, rather than the cards from the North American HeroQuest set) and one of European Card Fronts. Just print a page of the Fronts on A4 and compare the height and width to that of a European HeroQuest Card. Let me know as soon as possible. If you would like to be thorough, you may also flip the page and print the Backs on the reverse of the same paper to ensure proper alignment. Please note that the Fronts intentionally have a larger border so that cutting a card still keeps the card contents against the other side, just in case printers are slightly misaligned.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: A4 help needed.

Postby drathe » June 8th, 2009, 12:29 am

No word back on whether these files will successfully print in A4, but since they work perfectly in Letter format, I'm just going with the belief that it works on A4 as well. I've gone ahead and started converting all the North American cards to the new universal file format. They should be ready by the end of the week. Then I'll tackle the tiles, cards from other versions and fan stuff.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » July 23rd, 2009, 9:17 am

The files work fine on A4 size paper.The size of the printed cards is almost a perfect match for the official EU cards.

The reverse side printing was slightly off by a few millimetres but that could be down to my printer.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » July 23rd, 2009, 3:24 pm

Thanks for checking. The reverse side (card backs in most cases for EU cards) has a larger border area to allow for slight printer misalignments. Each side is exactly centred down to the pixel. It works perfectly on letter size paper. Hopefully it's just the printer. My printer will do A4 paper, but they don't sell that here so I can't double check myself.

Thanks again for looking into it. Maybe someone else will come along and have better results with a different printer.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Website Discussion Room