• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

LEGEND OF ZAGOR IS BACK !

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Re: LEGEND OF ZAGOR IS BACK !

Postby knightkrawler » November 17th, 2013, 12:55 pm

HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Jackyboy » November 27th, 2013, 8:42 pm

damn!!!!

"Who dare's challenge me, whah haha whah hahaha"

"Wizard you coward! Lose 1 body point"

I had this game back in 1993! Wow this thread brings back many memories! Thanks for sharing! If only I still had this game, it would be great giving it another go! Just looked on ebay for it to see how much it's going for and they are asking silly money! £75!!! that's just a little bit too much for this game! Still does make me laugh remembering how the camp voice of Zagor used to pop up with little comments! :lol:

:D
Please PM me if any of my old links to files are currently down. I am in the process of hosting them somewhere new!

:)

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jackyboy

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby chaoticprime » November 27th, 2013, 10:30 pm

Reminds me of that other talking board-game, The Omega Virus.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 28th, 2013, 2:12 am

Jackyboy wrote:Just looked on ebay for it to see how much it's going for and they are asking silly money! £75!!! that's just a little bit too much for this game! Still does make me laugh remembering how the camp voice of Zagor used to pop up with little comments!

That's indeed silly money. German versions go for as little as 15 € in auctions up to 35 € if it's as good as new.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » May 16th, 2016, 5:22 pm

knightkrawler wrote:
Jackyboy wrote:Just looked on ebay for it to see how much it's going for and they are asking silly money! £75!!! that's just a little bit too much for this game! Still does make me laugh remembering how the camp voice of Zagor used to pop up with little comments!

That's indeed silly money. German versions go for as little as 15 € in auctions up to 35 € if it's as good as new.

"Wer Wagen ist fordern Sie mich heraus! whah haha whah hahaha"

I am assuming the evil laughter sounds the same in German?

I just got this off e-bay for £95. Well, why not.... :shock:

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 17th, 2016, 2:07 am

I've never heard it.
But I'll tell you this much about German translation and dubbing:

We translated Zootopia, which makes perfect sense, into Zoomania, which conveys that our translation industry considers us too uneducated to know the word Utopia.
"Mania" has always held a special wand of consumerism over us, and I don't know why exactly. It certainly doesn't make sense for that movie, but that's us.
We also translated Captain America: Civil War to ... wait for it... wait... The First Avenger: Civil War. Because it's more German, I guess.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby QorDaq » May 17th, 2016, 9:14 pm

I did not know this game even existed. Was this ever available in NA?

The boards look gimmicky (in a good way), but limited in actual usefulness. I always have to wonder about games with flashy terrain boards (in context of course), and how much money had to go into design, production, and so on, that could potentially have gone into more actual game development. Not saying this one is not a good game, I have no idea, but my guess is that the design is intended to make sales on novelty over substance. I know I would have been tempted to grab something like this if I saw it in a store--based purely on the gimmicky presentation.

Yeah, I like toys.
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » May 18th, 2016, 5:30 am

QorDaq wrote:I did not know this game even existed. Was this ever available in NA?

The boards look gimmicky (in a good way), but limited in actual usefulness. I always have to wonder about games with flashy terrain boards (in context of course), and how much money had to go into design, production, and so on, that could potentially have gone into more actual game development. Not saying this one is not a good game, I have no idea, but my guess is that the design is intended to make sales on novelty over substance. I know I would have been tempted to grab something like this if I saw it in a store--based purely on the gimmicky presentation.

Yeah, I like toys.

I only came across this recently. It was only available in Europe in the early 90's. I have no idea how it plays, but it has quite a few compatible plastic minis, and a talking Zagor! (Zargon?). And there was me thinking that the Europeans only gave evil wizards intellectual, middle earth sage sounding names! :?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 18th, 2016, 6:02 am

The Admiral wrote:I only came across this recently. It was only available in Europe in the early 90's. I have no idea how it plays, but it has quite a few compatible plastic minis, and a talking Zagor! (Zargon?). And there was me thinking that the Europeans only gave evil wizards intellectual, middle earth sage sounding names! :?

Legend of Zagor, the board game is based on the Fighting Fantasy book of the same title that topped off a loose trilogy about Zagor, the antagonist of The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Return to Firetop Mountain, and Legend of Zagor. Steve Jackson came up with the name, I suppose.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby slev » May 18th, 2016, 6:06 am

"Legend of Zagor" was based on the Fighting Fantasy books, where Zagor, once rule of Firetop Mountain, his soul having been banished to the void between worlds, has entered the realm of Amarillia through the Casket of Souls, which was used to bind the Demon King.

I want a copy of this game for completeness, being a FF fan.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games Room