• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Gloomhaven: Yay or Nay?

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Gloomhaven: Yay or Nay?

Postby Ragnar IronFist » April 30th, 2017, 9:19 am

So Gloomhaven has a new printing up on kickstarter. Only like a day left.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1350948450/gloomhaven-second-printing/description

This is another with a LOT of hype and glowing reviews from everybody. Anybody here played it? Thoughts? Worth backing?

I watched a few 'how to play' videos and it seems to have some innovation in some aspects, but mostly seems like another overly rules-intensive dungeon crawler to me. But then I have a weakness for buying way too many dungeon crawlers and I can't ignore the hype lol. Can anybody who has played this sell it to me? Or confirm it's pretty much another fiddly-rules crawler with too much hype?
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Gloomhaven: Yay or Nay?

Postby Daedalus » May 25th, 2017, 5:45 pm

The best I can do is link to a Tom Vasel review. The Euro element of the combat cards is a deal breaker for me, but some love the puzzle of figuring the fights out.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Gloomhaven: Yay or Nay?

Postby Werner » March 21st, 2018, 4:17 am

Thanks for the link, Daedalus.
Last edited by Daedalus on May 27th, 2018, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link from signature
For sure I want to know more about That's why I have to read more info there. I wll try to make some money pretty soon. That's all I need right now.
Werner

Exiled
Exiled

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Return to Other Games Room