• Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Gloomhaven: Yay or Nay?

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Gloomhaven: Yay or Nay?

Postby Ragnar IronFist » Sunday April 30th, 2017 9:19am

So Gloomhaven has a new printing up on kickstarter. Only like a day left.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1350948450/gloomhaven-second-printing/description

This is another with a LOT of hype and glowing reviews from everybody. Anybody here played it? Thoughts? Worth backing?

I watched a few 'how to play' videos and it seems to have some innovation in some aspects, but mostly seems like another overly rules-intensive dungeon crawler to me. But then I have a weakness for buying way too many dungeon crawlers and I can't ignore the hype lol. Can anybody who has played this sell it to me? Or confirm it's pretty much another fiddly-rules crawler with too much hype?
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: Gloomhaven: Yay or Nay?

Postby Daedalus » Thursday May 25th, 2017 5:45pm

The best I can do is link to a Tom Vasel review. The Euro element of the combat cards is a deal breaker for me, but some love the puzzle of figuring the fights out.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Gloomhaven: Yay or Nay?

Postby Werner » Wednesday March 21st, 2018 4:17am

Thanks for the link, Daedalus.
Last edited by Daedalus on Sunday May 27th, 2018 8:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link from signature
For sure I want to know more about That's why I have to read more info there. I wll try to make some money pretty soon. That's all I need right now.
Werner

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Return to Other Games Room