• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Outragous, yet included anyways....

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Outragous, yet included anyways....

Postby cynthialee » March 20th, 2016, 12:54 pm

What are some of the monsters that you have included in your various games that are simply mind blowingly out of this world crazy scary?

For instance the RPG I am currently running (Saga: the Game) the primary antagonist that works behind the scenes to the heroes destruction is a Titan Lich.
That is right...a titan who has become a lich.

The heroes know it and their hearts are filled with fear as they are assembling the people and items they will need to destroy the fiend.

My thoughts on this NPC were spawned from MMORPG raid end bosses. I thought 'what could be a super nasty endgame NPC that is giant and magic look like?'. My answer was 'Titan Lich'.

The heroes will have their work cut out for them to pull this one off. I fully suspect that we will lose at least 25% or more of the party with a win, and a total wipe and long term in game consequences for defeat.

Aceabiadees the titan lich is a multi dimensional despot with a number of worlds under his iron fist already. His sights are now set on Daroka. The world our friendly neighborhood heroes currently reside on.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Outragous, yet included anyways....

Postby mukami » March 20th, 2016, 10:00 pm

I once made my game group fight a group of Golgothans.

Oh and one time they faced off against a colossal Ulgurstasta that had been fed hundreds of corpses. (that took forever to play out.)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Killed a mighty Fimir! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mukami

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » March 20th, 2016, 10:24 pm

cynthialee wrote:Titan Lich.
That is right...a titan who has become a lich.

Interesting. Your Titans are not already immortal? In Greek mythology they are immortal. In D&D or other RPG, perhaps not??

Sure, an immortal can be killed... But if you cannot be killed by old age then there would be little point in becoming a lich. That is, being a lich does not traditionally make you a better spell caster. It does however drive off whatever sanity you had to start with.

Smashing the Lich's phylacory is likely easier than outright killing a titan. Perhaps if he were poisoned and did this as a last ditch effort to remain alive?

Love to hear the back story on the transition!
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » March 20th, 2016, 10:52 pm

No immortality for this dude, his immortality was taken as a punishment eons ago. In response he turned to dark magic's to extend his life.
Never liked the phylactery thing for lich, so no such monkey for my heroes to find and use against the beast.
His power is completely in his darkened and vile heart. They will be attacking with ancient artifacts an army of Dwarf warriors, Elvin Wyvern riders and a dragon with a serious case of the ass for the lich, also there is the normal lich on their side who hates the titan with every fiber of his being.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » March 21st, 2016, 12:53 am

This small guy you were once telling us about - the one who just did everything via intrigues because he was too small to do anything else. I think that one's more to fear than a titan lich. :D Imagine his intrigues putting Morcar against the Hero Group just because it looks like the Heroes were doing something severely wrong.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » March 21st, 2016, 3:13 am

Interesting topic... The worst being I could imagine...

Vampire dragon. Yes, a vampire dragon would definitely be on the list of things you don't want to meet.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby MadMickyG » March 21st, 2016, 9:00 am

Worst creature I ever created, and have been thinking about making it for HQ, is my vampire/illithid/doppleganger assasin.

Can look like anyone. Thanks to ESP from doppleganger and drain from vampire, downloads the memories whoever it touches. Usually kills them and takes their place.
It has protections from scrying, Clairvoyance and True Seeing. Even Dumbledore couldnt see this things true form.

And yes, it was slightly insane. Being in constant pain from the three forms meshed in to one. It was quite ruthless in its path to find and kill its creator after breaking all its protection wards.
Think I may have mentioned it before.
Might need to put pencil to paper and draw its true form. Done plenty with it, but just never drew it in its true form. Been a while since I just drew something.

Oh, was thinking today about removing the helmet off a Chaos Warrior and putting a Gargoyle head on there. Will have extra gargoyles in a few days. Wings are already planned for.

And hoping to get elementals made from warping and twisting multiple barbarian miniatures that I dont need. Kids are excited if I can get the elementals. :elf: :)
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » March 21st, 2016, 12:23 pm

Sweet stuff guys.

Really like the Vampire Dragon.

The vampire, mind flayer, doppelganger reminds me of a Mind Flayer, Doppelganger hybrid I once used. Nasty dude. Only played with him one storyline. Just too much for the players to deal with.

I really like the idea of moding HQ mini's, and I hate the idea at the same time. They need mods to look tight...but there are only so many old original sets still out there. Not like they make old school HQ anymore.
I have moded a few of mine over time but nothing really big.

{As for anyone who would wonder why the normal lich is throwing in with heroes...He was tricked into becoming a lich by the titan. He wants revenge. Also he was the victim of a Helm of Opposing Alignment about 300 years ago and he is busy making his kingdom a safe place for families. His old master is a danger to society he must deal with.}
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » March 21st, 2016, 12:37 pm

The mechanics won't make sense much but the flavor text and your already solid understanding of role playing games will get you to the gist. Here is the spell that creates a Lich in the game we are playing.

Vitality Leach Lvl:6

The blackest of black magic, to even cast this spell will cost the caster all of their positive Karma and will cost 1-10 Karma points every time cast. A practitioner of this type of magic has doomed their soul. This spell will drain a target of Endurance and imbue the caster with health and vigor. After Twisting the Veil, roll the caster’s Resolve and Spell Crafting, {Sorcery, Faith or Enchantment for other Spell Caster types} at a Goal of the victim’s Endurance. Each point rolled will cause the victim to lose 1 point of Endurance. For every point taken in this manner the caster may heal one Hit Point, or reduce their physical age by one year, or gain one Spell Point. A Mage or Elf victim may opt to substitute Spell Points for Endurance, this is why truly dark Wizard’s prey on other Mages, they're so full of power. Mages that have proficiency in this spell can actually cast this spell at range. The range of this spell is 10 yards per level of proficiency.
This spell creates a Lich. Over time, the caster will outlive their natural life expectancy. This spell can keep the leach alive and healthy throughout the centuries. Once the caster is past his life expectancy, they must drain at least one soul a year. To maintain a healthy physique the leach must kill monthly. Those who do not drain a life force monthly will become gaunt and dead looking in short order. Practitioners of this spell can be easily mistaken as vampires and many have been known to cultivate that misperception.
This spell is instant and may be cast in combat.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » March 22nd, 2016, 6:41 am

A creative dm/gm can make anything seem plausible :)
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Other Games Room