• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Poll: Your Dungeon Crawler while castaway.

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Stranded on a desert island with a few friends. Which of these crawlers would you have?

Poll ended at February 5th, 2016, 1:25 pm

Advanced HQ
43%
Warhammer Quest
29%
Descent (most recent)
14%
Imperial Assault
7%
Dungeon Saga
7%

Total votes : 14

Poll: Your Dungeon Crawler while castaway.

Postby Ragnar IronFist » January 6th, 2016, 1:25 pm

Let's just assume your HQ was wiped out in the shipwreck. You have plenty of food and many many long evenings ahead...

(Please delete this thread if it's already been done. Just couldn't find one..)
Open to other suggestions of what crawlers might be worthy of the options too...
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Poll: Your Dungeon Crawler while castaway.

Postby knightkrawler » January 6th, 2016, 1:42 pm

If HQ is unavailable, I'd rather shag everyone who's with me on the island, if it's all the same to you, thank you very much, sir!
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Ragnar IronFist » January 6th, 2016, 1:59 pm

knightkrawler wrote:If HQ is unavailable, I'd rather shag everyone who's with me on the island, if it's all the same to you, thank you very much, sir!

Lol. Well I suppose it would depend on who I'm with.

Just my way of finding out which NON-HQ crawler y'all like best...while minimizing the apples/oranges and exceptions conversations...
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » January 6th, 2016, 2:40 pm

Okay, so given the options this is a tough one but here goes...

I selected WHQ... But not because it was my first choice really.

First choice, probably, would have been IA. However, given that this game must last a really long time, I have to assume that the tiles will succumb to the elements before the minis. In the case of IA, with a high-tech setting, very little would likely be available in the environment to replace or substitute tiles once they die.

This means that the next best option would be D2.0. Again, however, the tiles are just not so durable, so I'd be moving on to using the natural terrain as my gaming surface fairly quickly. Thematically this works alright, BUT, the minis are well, really mini, and given the FF model of providing a smallish selection of miniatures, I fear they would be lost more quickly (or carried off by the local fauna recruited to be boss 'Monsters')...

Which leads me to my third actual choice; promoted to first for practicality--War Hammer Quest. The tiles are more durable in design, are larger, and likely to outlast tiles from the other options. Similarly, the minis are also chunky heroic-scaled bits of plastic so they might survive longer... And, once all the cardboard eventually deteriorates I'll still have some monster door frames to use with my make shift terrain cobbled together from sand, palm-fronds, small rocks and tree bark. I also feel, again for practicality, that there was a good assortment of mini types in WHQ, so the opportunities for custom campaigns goes up a smidge--maybe.

All of this assumes no opportunity to replace parts of course, and that my lost island did not have an abandoned VCR manufacturing facility on it where I could build lots of high-tech Terrain from the kibble left lying about... Because then, well IA.

... Wait; did I overthink this one?
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ampersand » January 6th, 2016, 4:01 pm

mine was simple. AHQ all day. much more scope to expand on what you already have. and if you ask me as close to a complete crawler as you will ever get.
you could generate a random dungeon everyday. and with the pretty much uncountable combinations of that. it would probably keep me from having to shag knightcrawler for the sake of boredom HAHA

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » January 6th, 2016, 5:46 pm

If Ampersand is providing the AHQ, then i'm playing that!

I can shag KK later.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » January 7th, 2016, 3:14 pm

First choice: AHQ. A very open system (like HQ) that you can add everything you want. Second choice: WHQ. More hack and slash but with so much depth (leveling, items, etc) you can play for many years, and you can also add RPG elements, items, etc.

While the two of them are RPG board games, all the others are skirmish board games. So, my choices ends here.

ps: If you like skirmish stick with Space Hulk.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » April 23rd, 2016, 3:50 am

I didn't'get to vote, but I think I'd go with Warhammer Quest. The sandbox/role-playing element would extend the interest where an otherwise better Descent or Imperial Assault would eventually run dry for me. While Advanced Heroquest also extends well, I don't feel it plays at cleanly with its plethora of tables and it's more fiddly Rulebook. If Slev were running his AHQ game, I might hang at his camp, however. (Assuming he had a collection of monsters beyond the Skaven that come with the box.) -edit
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Other Games Room