• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Re: Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest

Postby Figomurphy » Monday October 31st, 2016 6:20am

Some great deals on Ebay for these figures. Are the figures worth purchasing for Heroquest?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Postby knightkrawler » Monday October 31st, 2016 11:18am

Sjeng wrote:They're still shrinkwrapped so I can ask retail price I imagine.

Dude, don't get me wrong but this attitude right there is what's wrong about crowdfunding campaigns.
You can't ask retail price if you're not a retailer.
I get your case and after how you described it you're in the right to try to sell it for a margin, but retail price?
You don't pay the taxes.

There's a huge market of pricks trying this as a crowdfunding tactic and I hope they all get their respective tax watchdogs on their asses. "Buying" 4 specimen, knowing that they wanna sell 3 for a margin...
Sorry for the rant. Was a key stimulus in regards to certain people on certain forums botching the advantages of crowdfunding campaigns specifically and hobby price structures in general in the long term.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lucasdp » Tuesday November 1st, 2016 12:15am

Figomurphy wrote:Some great deals on Ebay for these figures. Are the figures worth purchasing for Heroquest?

I don't have any handy for comparison pics at the moment; I'll try to do that later in the week. For now, they're relatively similar scale, but maybe a little taller, a more "modern" style, and they definitely don't have the "heroic" scaling (the slightly oversized heads and hands) that some HQ figures have. As Sjeng pointed out, the bases are pretty great, definitely usable in other projects if you're into customizing. ;)
They may not be a 100% match if you're a stickler, but they work if you want to mix things up or need a standout mini for a specific character, as in my case. I used their Dwarf Revenants for the undead Dwarven Kings in Kellar's Keep, Quest 5. |_P I also think most of the furniture pieces could probably be used in HQ, but I haven't actually tried it yet. ...I should get that in my comparison pic, too...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Tuesday November 1st, 2016 3:33am

knightkrawler wrote:
Sjeng wrote:They're still shrinkwrapped so I can ask retail price I imagine.

Dude, don't get me wrong but this attitude right there is what's wrong about crowdfunding campaigns.
You can't ask retail price if you're not a retailer.
I get your case and after how you described it you're in the right to try to sell it for a margin, but retail price?
You don't pay the taxes.

There's a huge market of pricks trying this as a crowdfunding tactic and I hope they all get their respective tax watchdogs on their asses. "Buying" 4 specimen, knowing that they wanna sell 3 for a margin...
Sorry for the rant. Was a key stimulus in regards to certain people on certain forums botching the advantages of crowdfunding campaigns specifically and hobby price structures in general in the long term.

Dude, I bought it from Mantis themselves, a retailer, so I did pay taxes. I bought it only slightly under retail. Retail for those 3 boxes was about €120,- I think.

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Tuesday November 1st, 2016 3:57am

I misunderstood, then. Sorry for insinuating, anway.
Doesn't change my gripes with the attitude that other people have, but shouldn't.
There are boatloads of people doing what you described without taking the proper responsibility or showing any ethics in the process.
I think I distanced myself from puttin you synonymous with that in my priginal post, though.
If you paid taxes, however, the buyer who buys it from you shouldn't have to.
It's how second hand works.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Ragnar IronFist » Thursday November 10th, 2016 4:51pm

Figomurphy wrote:Some great deals on Ebay for these figures. Are the figures worth purchasing for Heroquest?

I went all in on this game. Spent weeks of evenings painting everything. I think its worth it if you can find a deal. Very cool minis in my humble opinion. Just be careful with them. They're the snappy kind like the old school HQ minis. Not bendy like reaper bones.
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Dungeon Saga

Postby aaronAGN » Monday February 5th, 2018 1:19am

[The following 7 posts were merged from Board index ‹ HeroQuest Rooms ‹ General HeroQuest Discussion on 4/16/18. -edit]

I think the original is called Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King's Quest.
There are a few expansion sets and extra quest books.
Has anyone here played it?
I've heard from various reviews that it's practically a modern re-imagining of HeroQuest .
Last edited by Daedalus on Sunday April 15th, 2018 11:59pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged topics
aaronAGN

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Dungeon Saga

Postby LordZeke » Monday February 5th, 2018 10:01am

I have only played the intro scenarios (so many games, so little time). From what I have experienced, it seems to play more like Imperial Assault than HQ. There is a "timing" mechanism, that forces the Heroes to "rush" through the dungeon, rather than explore. There are several expansions, lots of minis (if you did the kickstarter, you got extra). I am still working on painting the infernals, then I will be done.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
LordZeke

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:

Postby aaronAGN » Monday February 5th, 2018 10:28am

I haven't played Imperial Assault.
I haven't heard anyone bring it up in comparisons yet. Although I haven't read a lot of reviews yet.
I've mostly been seeing people talk about "it's a table top game where a barbarian, dwarf, elf, and wizard run around a dungeon".

I didn't back the kickstarter because I didn't even know about this game until this weekend. That's cool about the bonus minis.

I'd love to see your paint job when you're finished.
aaronAGN

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » Monday February 5th, 2018 12:12pm

aaronAGN wrote:I've heard from various reviews that it's practically a modern re-imagining of HeroQuest .

I think that might be a slightly different way of saying "generic fantasy dungeon crawl".

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games Room