• Advertisement

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest

Postby Ragnar IronFist » Friday August 21st, 2015 2:04pm

I don't know about y'all... but I'm getting pretty darn excited to get my hands on this:

Last edited by Sjeng on Saturday August 22nd, 2015 10:22am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: youtube tags!
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Re: Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest

Postby clmckay » Friday August 21st, 2015 2:29pm

Agreed. I also got a kick out of the HQ box in the background.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Storm Master
Storm Master

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby slev » Friday August 21st, 2015 3:42pm

Soooooooooooooon!

Presciousssssssssssssssssssssss!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » Friday August 21st, 2015 3:54pm

I really like the packaging they are using for this game. I seem to remember watching an early play through of this and not being too impressed but after watching this I might want to take a second look.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Saturday August 22nd, 2015 12:44am

First impression:
They had been somewhat tight-fisted with the minion miniatures and the furniture. How can you do a proper evil dwarf level if you have just two dwarf minions and one dwarf boss?
Also, ten doors? Are the dungeons smaller than the ones in HQ?

Positive is, they have beautiful modern graphics on the game tiles, and they have a good size. No 2x3 rooms, but 4x6 was the smallest I've seen on the first glance. That has always been the drawback of HQ, having super-small hallways and rooms, nearly removing the need for movement dice.
If they really put 32 game tiles inside to play on, then this is a lot.

After all, they got their game out in a good time. Maybe having less miniatures and then no project delays was a good choice compared to the competition. :) If I compare to the original HQ, I must confess the original HQ has quite an overwhelming set of miniatures compared to this one.

I like a lot this Book Box they provide. Will look nice in the shelve!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby ampersand » Saturday August 22nd, 2015 7:48am

gotta say im very tempted to throw £100 quid at this for the big pack.
the book style box is genious if you ask me. and how they manage to fit everything into it is still baffling me.
the mini's - the originals looked great but something from the youtube clip tells me that these ended up being that flexible plastic crap. but i could be wrong.
ill hold tight to see what people think of the game. but i genuinely think it looks like a strong successor for heroquest.

they released two gameplay vids today too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B09GHcOXnG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ygBGc2sDdM

feel sorry for the bald guy in the clip though..he cant say anything without the big guy correcting everything he says.
Last edited by ampersand on Saturday August 22nd, 2015 8:08am, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » Saturday August 22nd, 2015 8:06am

You might note that there are ten CLOSED doors.

The designed dungeons look to be a little smaller than HQ, but not a lot.

The basic set is designed to be a "starter" set. You can get extra minion sets and extra furniture sets.

I'm actually getting a set of furniture and a set of doors in my base set, Tyrant of Halpi set, and Black Fortress set.

I'm realising that since the base Kickstarter pledge included the base set, the adventurer's companion set, and Return of Valindor set, on top of two minion boosers and soem exclusive extras, and RoV isn't even up to pre-order yet, plus as I ordered the black fortress and three expansions which are still not up to pre-order yet, I'm wondering if I'm expecting several deliveries...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Saturday August 22nd, 2015 10:45am

Wow, I really dislike this video. These guys are praising their own damn game, aren't they?
Ohhh, this is brilliant, and that's SO good, and these tiles are connected with little clips, which is much better than puzzle tiles, because they don't fit well together... Really guys? *facepalm* I own Descent 2nd ed. and 3 D&D boardgames, and those tiles are fantastic. You clip them together and you have 1 big solid map that you can move around by pushing one single tile. Can't do that with clips now can ye?
One of the things that made me NOT back this was that exact fact. Loose tiles with fiddly clips, that in their own video came loose twice!!

I like the rest of it, the models are nice, but sadly not many though. The furniture looks good, and it seems the rules are simple enough. But some of the things these guys are nerdgasming over really aren't that fantastic.
Had they made puzzle tiles, at least as good as Descent/D&D boardgames, I might just have backed it.

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby ampersand » Saturday August 22nd, 2015 10:51am

Sjeng wrote:Wow, I really dislike this video. These guys are praising their own damn game, aren't they?
Ohhh, this is brilliant, and that's SO good, and these tiles are connected with little clips, which is much better than puzzle tiles, because they don't fit well together... Really guys? *facepalm* I own Descent 2nd ed. and 3 D&D boardgames, and those tiles are fantastic. You clip them together and you have 1 big solid map that you can move around by pushing one single tile. Can't do that with clips now can ye?
One of the things that made me NOT back this was that exact fact. Loose tiles with fiddly clips, that in their own video came loose twice!!

I like the rest of it, the models are nice, but sadly not many though. The furniture looks good, and it seems the rules are simple enough. But some of the things these guys are nerdgasming over really aren't that fantastic.
Had they made puzzle tiles, at least as good as Descent/D&D boardgames, I might just have backed it.

i think only the ginger dude is from mantic. the other 2 are just the youtubers. but yeh the fat guy made it hard to watch. constantly interrupting the others and correcting the poor bald dude (watch him every time he speaks. he glances sidewards in fear that the other guy will cut him short and correct him)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ragnar IronFist » Saturday August 22nd, 2015 11:09am

I can't imagine why the tile clips are such an outrage. Use it without 'em. Heck I was gonna see if I can't make my dungeons with some Dwarven Forge stuff anyway. And yeah not exactly an army of minis. But as with the Undead dwarves, I think they did a video a few months back doing a beta test of the scenario with the evil dwarves. It was like a 2-room mini quest scenario. I think the game has some pretty small quests in it. But that's okay for me, for a quick play with the kids. Plus I got the expansions which equals more minis.
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Other Games Room