• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Reaper Bones III

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Re: Reaper Bones III

Postby Redav » June 11th, 2015, 6:49 pm

I missed the first two but I suspect that I didn't miss them at all due to only seeing several figures from either that were of interest. I can only imagine that this will be the same for me this time however I shall be keen to see what they have included.
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sjeng » June 14th, 2015, 9:48 am

I found bones 2 a bit disappointing. Some good minis, some meh, and some bad. Less value, high import taxes. Bones 1 was a golden KS, but 2 certainly wasn't. 3 will be worse. Sadly. But I'm all set anyway. Don't ever need to get any seperate minis ever again. (theoretically).
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 14th, 2015, 10:24 am

Sjeng wrote:I found bones 2 a bit disappointing. Some good minis, some meh, and some bad. Less value, high import taxes. Bones 1 was a golden KS, but 2 certainly wasn't. 3 will be worse. Sadly. But I'm all set anyway. Don't ever need to get any seperate minis ever again. (theoretically).

Unless you go all ambitious, like me.
All Bones minis ever planned for anything HQ got replaced by something better pretty freakin' soon.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby sajungzak » June 14th, 2015, 11:16 am

This
knightkrawler wrote:Unless you go all ambitious, like me.
All Bones minis ever planned for anything HQ got replaced by something better pretty freakin' soon.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 14th, 2015, 2:32 pm

Seriously, only the Purple Worm is left. And it will be replaced by the Gale Force 9 model made for D&D. Or even by a chtonian larva from Confrontation as soon as I can afford either one of them.
Here's the screamer: That Purple Worm wasn't even in my Vampire pledge. I bought it afterwards. Innitfunny?
in my humble opinion, the Bones Kickstarter project was a huge bubble. Like Kickstarter, in general. Most projects are pretentious farces.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » June 14th, 2015, 7:10 pm

After experienceing significant scale issues with barbarian hero alternatives, I've decided to only buy monsters from Reaper.

I did not participate in any of the KickStarters, but I do have several Bones models. A Gnoll group of 5 Soldiers (all the same model with the morning star flail). I'm switching the weapons out for some of them and adding other bits. I also have two of the Gnoll Archers which are from the same sculptor. They all look great together. I also have the Werewolf and a giant spider (need more spiders, I did have to fill in the hole in the bottom with green stuff). And I have the Fire Dragon.

I plan on using all of these in my HQ wilderness encounters and I don't realistically see myself replacing these with other models that look better.

I do wish they would stop with the KS and just focus on making more of the popular models that are already sold out!

And when I want a purple worm, I'm going the DM Scotty route!!! The players might actually run away, like you're supposed to! I made his Gelatinous Cube in 15 minutes and it's awesome.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » June 14th, 2015, 10:18 pm

DMScotty has a lot of good ideas. I made 2 of my own cubes and look forward to using them one day.

I'm keeping a lesser portion of my Bones II and will probably only want a limited selection out of the Bones III. I'll see what they have and judge then.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby cornixt » July 21st, 2015, 4:16 pm

It has arrived and here it is: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... r-mr-bones

Not much of interest, but the mystic circle scenic piece might be nice for quests. As usual, the page is full of pictures and pledge amounts, all completely disorganised.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » July 21st, 2015, 8:41 pm

As it stands right now there's only a few that caught my eye. With it being 3 days left I'm sort of wondering why they had a short timeslot for this one. I'll check it out Friday to see what everything entails.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 22nd, 2015, 12:20 am

IvenBach wrote:As it stands right now there's only a few that caught my eye. With it being 3 days left I'm sort of wondering why they had a short timeslot for this one. I'll check it out Friday to see what everything entails.

This Bones Kickstarter shenanigans gets stale pretty fast. They should stop right now, reconsider what they, as a company mean to their customers, and set a new standard. They are losing their *lemony goodness* over their Kickstarters. All charm is gone, all exclusivity, all structure.
They should focus each project on a theme and make it much smaller in scope.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games Room