• Advertisement

Imperial Assault (Star Wars) - FFG 2015

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Re: Imperial Assault (Star Wars) - FFG 2015

Postby Sinned » Thursday April 23rd, 2015 3:37am

The Road Warrior wrote:
Sinned wrote:Regarding the 3 new expansion packs: I’m disappointed. Here’s why: there are so many characters and species they can release, and what do they come up with?

Well, if you take that point of view, I guess you're right. The choices are a bit 'safe' but I'm pretty sure they will branch out in future waves and release more varied expansion packs.

I think releasing Leia, Lando, Bossk etc would have been safer and would have sold more than a Wookiee 2-pack.

On the other hand: from a commercial point of view I understand that releasing all the characters everyone wants in a short time isn't clever.
Visit my site Star Wars Interviews (with over 160 unique interviews I've had with Star Wars cast & crew members)!
ImageImage
...and StarWarsAwakens.nl: the Dutch Star Wars community!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
Sinned

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: Nederlands
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sinned » Thursday July 9th, 2015 2:14pm

Although Wave 2 (Twin Shadows, the droids, Boba, Kayn) and Wave 3 (the Rodians, Troopers and Wookiees) haven't been released yet.........Wave 4 is already announced:

Visit my site Star Wars Interviews (with over 160 unique interviews I've had with Star Wars cast & crew members)!
ImageImage

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
Sinned

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sinned » Sunday August 2nd, 2015 4:38pm

box set + expansions anounced at Gencon:

ImageImage

Rewards:
Sinned

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Redav » Sunday August 2nd, 2015 4:55pm

I did the math recently in a bunch of FFG games. At that point IA was going to cost about US$330 to buy all of it. Sounds like a lot until you see the 1st editions of A Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings card games come in at US$1300 and US$1020 respectively and we're on thd Aussie dollar which has nose dived over the past year :(. I had been looking forward to picking up two or three of these games but I think we can only afford one and even then, not the whoe thing :(
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » Sunday August 2nd, 2015 5:22pm

I'm about £150 in to xwing. I don't like to think about how much it is going to cost me to buy all the ships that are on my current wish list and they keep releasing more. And I haven't even started on imperial assault yet!

On a related note, I really don't like ffg's habit of announcing new waves before the current wave is even available to buy yet.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sinned » Monday August 3rd, 2015 4:00am

The Road Warrior wrote:
On a related note, I really don't like ffg's habit of announcing new waves before the current wave is even available to buy yet.

Agreed.
There are currently 12 (!) ally/villain packs and 2 expansion sets announced......which is more than the stuff that's curently available (core game and 7 ally/villain packs)

And yes: this game costs a fortune...but I've said it before: I want everything.
I have collected a lot of various stuff over the years, but (since there's a LOT coming out these days) I've decided a while ago to focus and collect just 3 things: Imperial Assault, Star Wars books (non-fiction, Marvel TPB's and some fiction) and Star Wars Lego (except the prequel sets).
Choices, choices.....

To put it in Star Wars terms:
Leia: The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin Dennis, the more star systems merchandise will slip through your fingers.
Me: Yeah, but I'll still have a lot to read and play with.
:mrgreen:
ImageImage

Rewards:
Sinned

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Decipher » Monday August 3rd, 2015 4:45am

I am a huge Star Wars fan and this looks like a good game but I am about $150 into Xwing and I was let down the first time I played it. Now, Star Wars Armada is the thing to get into here. Seen some guys play at the last convention a week ago and I got to say, I aint into it. Don't know if HeroQuest ruined me for other dungeon crawlers or what, but I think I will stick to HQ. Even thinking about selling my Xwing stuff just to get more HQ.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Tuesday August 4th, 2015 6:24pm

Sinned wrote:box set + expansions anounced at Gencon:

That wampa could make a decent Yeti for HQ.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » Tuesday August 4th, 2015 6:47pm

the Wampa made me think HQ Yeti also
:D
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups: