• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

DRAGON FIRE

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Re: DRAGON FIRE

Postby BlazeLeeDragon » May 27th, 2014, 9:36 pm

I use to LOVE THIS GAME played many many times. My little brother got ahold of it and tore it apart. anyone know how or were I can replace it? or anyone have an image of all the cards used in the game?
BlazeLeeDragon

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby vryce » August 18th, 2014, 6:58 am

Yeah, this game looks pretty cool! Unfortunately, I can't find any copies for sale. Is there any way someone who has this could upload some scans of the tiles, cards, and quests? I'd love to incorporate it into my HeroQuest playing. I'd be willing to trade a favor in some way!
vryce

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby StratosVX » August 18th, 2014, 7:05 am

boardgamegeek.com has some images that might work for you.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby GimmeYerGold » February 20th, 2015, 12:37 pm

Found some more pics of this one. I rather like the miniatures.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Malcadon » February 21st, 2015, 1:57 am

Do anyone have the rules to this game? All I can find is the Russian translation. I used Google Translate to convert it into English, but a translation-of-a-translation-by-a-dyslexic would only yield a mess of a document!

Form the looks if things, it plays like Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel. You get a few actions that maybe used to attack or move three steps. Colored boxes are used to note dice color and number of dice rolled. The dice only notes hits and misses (4 hits on the black, 3 on red, and 2 black). Armor adsorbs hits, and monsters take one hit to die, while the heroes can take more. As Knights kill more monsters, they get EXP to move up a rank (Squire -> Knight -> Hero -> Prince -> Master), and they can get money to buy better items.

Beyond that, the rules have some other added rules. Searching seems to be limited to looking around all 8 adjacent squares, and making a die roll (based on rank) to succeed. Opening a door requires only requires an extra point of movement, while locked doors require a search action to open. There are also simple rules for traps, but they are all subject to the adventure notes. Orcs are you basic grunts, while Trolls are heavy-hitters, and Dark Lords can make nasty attacks based on color, with Blue being the most powerful (it can mimic any of the other three Dark Lords on each turn). The players have an option to play as Thieves, Rangers and Wizards. It notes a fair amount of rules for an 8-page booklet. So far, not too bad!

The game feels like it to be a gateway drug into the world of RPGs, but the play style is still a HeroQuest-styled dungeon-crawler, where you fight and explore, but there are hardly any rules or notes to make one's character progress beyond "Generic Green Knight IV". I mean, I could run the game as a simple RPG with deep stories, lots of interactive elements, characters with rich back stories, simple added rules to motivate the character's goals and actions, but for most kids jumping into this game would play it like HeroQuest and nothing else, while experienced role-players would rather use a "real" RPG system to get them hooked.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Malcadon

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Other Games Room