• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

MYTH kickstarter game - Reminds me a bit of HeroQuest

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Re: MYTH kickstarter game - Reminds me a bit of HeroQuest

Postby Patroclus » April 23rd, 2013, 4:42 pm

If I am not wrong, this is a skirmish solo/coop game which is not bad but it’s too far from HQ’s gameplay. As a solo/coop game it is based in tactical battles and this will slow down the game rounds too much for my tastes. The tutorial video last for 20 mins and shows only two full rounds!

I am sure it will be a good game. Probably it has a lot of skills, items, and character development… Not bad… But still can’t make me buy it. I know the minis are many, but looks too manga style and with 100$ I can buy a lot of GW minis from ebay.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby shy-design » April 23rd, 2013, 7:27 pm

Patroclus,

to each his own. I don't expect everyone here to think this is the game for them, and no it is certainly not the equivalent to our beloved Heroquest. But I am excited for this game because I have always, scince the dawn of my gaming days (80s) , always ,always, been pigeon holed into playing the DM or the bad guy... because its usually my game that my friends play... but here is a game set in a high fantasy realm where I can play as a hero with the rest of my friends... I'm all in.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » April 24th, 2013, 4:20 am

damnit... I'm in :( captain.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Tott » April 24th, 2013, 11:03 am

its just finished! they raised $925K! they wanted $40k, they got just shy of a million! JEEZ!
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thrawn » April 24th, 2013, 12:26 pm

Tott wrote:its just finished! they raised $925K! they wanted $40k, they got just shy of a million! JEEZ!

Most amazing thing is we just cleared 500k yesterday.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Thrawn

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thrawn » April 24th, 2013, 12:30 pm

I'm pretty sure I have at least one other local player for this game too. MYTH party in January. (Looking at you SHY-DESIGN!)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Thrawn

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » April 24th, 2013, 2:10 pm

Thrawn wrote:
Tott wrote:its just finished! they raised $925K! they wanted $40k, they got just shy of a million! JEEZ!

Most amazing thing is we just cleared 500k yesterday.

Offering 2 locked pledge rewards at once was smart, as were the generous number/size of miniatures to be gotten by meeting those rewards. Impulse buys are tougher to resist at a lowering cost while a clock is ticking. Seems like there's a price point ($1.00 to .75 a fig?) that many people can't resist. I'm looking at you, you one-eyed Orc! ;)

I had to work at resisting this one. When my daughter is old enough, I want to get Mice and Mystics to play with my family. Myth has many figs that could make the crossover to expand it. Sjeng has to live with the guilt/consequences, but I have to live with the regret. I may end up buying some of the rats and arachnids anyway when they become available in the future at higher prices.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » April 24th, 2013, 3:34 pm

I think the guilt will melt away when the awesome consequences hit my doormat :P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby shy-design » April 24th, 2013, 4:40 pm

Thrawn wrote:I'm pretty sure I have at least one other local player for this game too. MYTH party in January. (Looking at you SHY-DESIGN!)

Thrawn!!! that would be awesome.. sadly I'm planning on moving to Asheville North Carolina in september. But fear not... I got four of my five friends in my board game crew "the game knights" to all pledge LOL they couldn't pass up this great deal and they all love playing my heroquest setup and so I figure they will supplement this in for their fantasy romp gaming needs when I am gone.SO there will be a solid crew of guys in memphis that will be down to play it with... But my family lives here in memphis and I will be coming back for visits and Myth excursions... So we can exchange info to all get together for a massive game :)

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby shy-design » April 24th, 2013, 4:44 pm

oh and Im pretty excited to see this Dragon when its revealed in further production pictures... I have high hopes... and the only dragons minis that I have actaully considered or really liked are the Talisman Dragon from 3rd ed. and the Dragon from the Dark World expansion.. but they are way to hard and pricey to get a hold of.. so I hope that this Dragon will be the one I have been patently been waiting for.

Rewards:
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games Room