• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

MYTH kickstarter game - Reminds me a bit of HeroQuest

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

MYTH kickstarter game - Reminds me a bit of HeroQuest

Postby FoeHammer » March 27th, 2013, 9:47 pm

I don't know if anybody has seen this, but the miniatures and tiles could be compatible with HeroQuest. It looks interesting.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-0

The Soldier miniature sculpt has a HeroQuest feel to it, and I could see the insectoids working also.
Big Guns never rest.
FoeHammer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: MYTH kickstarter game - Reminds me a bit of HeroQuest

Postby Sjeng » March 28th, 2013, 4:29 am

damn you! I'm actually interested in this (at Captain level, just the game plus stretch goals)...
I'm already in Zombicide season 2 for way more money than I wanted :P (hoping to sell off some promo minis for profit later when S3 comes)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Myriadmike » April 4th, 2013, 11:07 pm

Looks pretty beast, I would love to paint the figures from it :) Love the Hammer wielding blind folded guy.
Myriadmike

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby shy-design » April 15th, 2013, 12:42 pm

hey everyone on yeoldinn...those in the USA and anywhere else (for just $13 more) please consider pledging for this game Myth. It looks really fun with some great game mechanics that I have never seen before. And if the gameplay does not excite you enough , the sheer amount of miniatures included in this game as well as the stretch goals should get you interested. same scale as HQ. the game tiles could also be incorporated into any HQ game with a little imagination. With more new updates coming in today and a pledge amount that grows about 8-10k a day this one will be one you will regret if you do not get in on it now. just 9 more days to go.

Now HQ will always be my favorite game, but I feel good about this game and will full heartedly welcome it to my game shelf and will definitely use some of the minis from MYTH in my HQ games.

pledge if you have not already... well worth it for captain level.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » April 15th, 2013, 1:03 pm

Yeah, I really like the game so far, but I just can't do it with a clear concience. I've already spend a lot on Bones and Zombicide, and explaining to the wife went fine so far, but another one on such a short period? I value my marriage more :P
But feel free to gift me a captain set if you're rich :P

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby shy-design » April 15th, 2013, 1:09 pm

Sjeng, well there is a contest on Boardgamegeek.com ... they are giving away 9 copies I think... and the grand prize is a captain level pledge... so theres your chance. I understand on already spending too much cash on kickstarter... this is my first kickstarter campaign pledge so I am gonna go big on this one. :)

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » April 15th, 2013, 3:37 pm

Thanks for pointing that out to us! I entered, 6/6 questions right ^^ *crosses fingers*

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby shy-design » April 16th, 2013, 11:16 am

hey all you old inners out there... just wanted to keep this thread trending... only one week to go before the myth kickstarter is all over... with some exciting kickstarter exclusive content already unlocked for pledgers and tons of stretch goals unlocked this is beginning to become a STEAL OF A DEAL as far as high quality miniatures goes... starting at 100$ you get a TON of content here...completely compatible with HeroQuest as far as new and additional heros and villain miniatures go...and this project just seems to pick up speed with every passing day. so why not get on board?

Rewards:
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » April 16th, 2013, 12:19 pm

I've also put it on the blog :)

I agree it's a great looking game, if you have the spare cash for it, and intend to actually play it, or at least use the minis and boards for your own HQ / D&D fantasy games, it looks like it's worth it.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby shy-design » April 17th, 2013, 4:20 pm

hey just an update... MYTH will now be available in FRENCH as well as GERMAN translations, and today the pledge reached yet another stretch goal.. a pretty sweet one the giant skeleton boss. and some new concept art for the alternate gender heroes. have a look

Rewards:
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Other Games Room