Ampersands Quest

Topics relating to WarhammerQuest.

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby khimbar » Thursday July 25th, 2019 4:16pm

ampersand wrote:i think its all about finding the right pen to do it. i used a permanent marker which basically oozes ink. so just need to find something a little more reserved
also mountboard has a tendency to warp where as greyboard doesnt..hence the choice.

also send you a PM

|_P


I didn't know that about mountboard. Awww man thats bad news maybe.

I have some 1.5mm greyboard somewhere...
khimbar

Zombie
Zombie
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thursday June 27th, 2019 12:33pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby Anderas » Saturday July 27th, 2019 5:23am

What's Mountboard? I also painted the borders of my stuff black. It's worth it.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti
 
Posts: 2766
Images: 33
Joined: Saturday September 20th, 2014 7:02am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby ampersand » Saturday July 27th, 2019 6:11am

Anderas wrote:What's Mountboard? I also painted the borders of my stuff black. It's worth it.


honestly i do not know. ive scoured the internet for other peoples explanations and nont of them match my findings. all i can tell you is that i have glued prints direct onto mount board and they warped. i did the same on greyboard. and they didnt warp lol

im sure they both serve their respective purposes perfectly but for this sort of use grey board seems to be the only way to go. |_P


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tuesday April 16th, 2013 1:51pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby khimbar » Saturday July 27th, 2019 8:16am

ampersand wrote:
Anderas wrote:What's Mountboard? I also painted the borders of my stuff black. It's worth it.


honestly i do not know. ive scoured the internet for other peoples explanations and nont of them match my findings. all i can tell you is that i have glued prints direct onto mount board and they warped. i did the same on greyboard. and they didnt warp lol

im sure they both serve their respective purposes perfectly but for this sort of use grey board seems to be the only way to go. |_P


I've got stuff on mountboard a few years old and no sign of warping so maybe I've been lucky with it.

Actually thinking about it I think it can warp if you use too much glue, it contracts on one side when it dries but I print onto A4 labels so I never have that problem.
khimbar

Zombie
Zombie
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thursday June 27th, 2019 12:33pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby ampersand » Friday August 2nd, 2019 6:22pm

khimbar wrote:
I've got stuff on mountboard a few years old and no sign of warping so maybe I've been lucky with it.

Actually thinking about it I think it can warp if you use too much glue, it contracts on one side when it dries but I print onto A4 labels so I never have that problem.


well i used spray mount for both really. so no idea why 1 worked and the other didnt??
anyways got a little update to tick off my list
Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tuesday April 16th, 2013 1:51pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby Weltenlaeufer » Friday August 2nd, 2019 9:54pm

Wow I just saw this thread, what a cool project! The tiles look great and I am so blown away by your miniatures and the zealot doorways! Amazing!
User avatar
Weltenlaeufer

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 235
Images: 48
Joined: Monday February 18th, 2019 12:38pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby ampersand » Sunday August 4th, 2019 6:27am

Weltenlaeufer wrote:Wow I just saw this thread, what a cool project! The tiles look great and I am so blown away by your miniatures and the zealot doorways! Amazing!


Thank you very glad you like them, i still have a long way to go and hope to be showing everything as i go |_P

of which i branched away slightly from my quest (whats a quest without side quests anyways?)
and opted to get one of the warrior expansions in place

hail the bretonnian questing knight!
Image

not too happy with this guy for a few reasons. some my own fault. some army painters fault :smack:
Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tuesday April 16th, 2013 1:51pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby Anderas » Sunday August 4th, 2019 7:18am

What are those rats? They have a bit of GW style about them but I really don't know them.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti
 
Posts: 2766
Images: 33
Joined: Saturday September 20th, 2014 7:02am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby ampersand » Sunday August 4th, 2019 7:44am

Anderas wrote:What are those rats? They have a bit of GW style about them but I really don't know them.


they come from a mixture of GW sprues
i think some are from the plague monks sprue and the rest from the rat ogres sprue
Image

Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tuesday April 16th, 2013 1:51pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby Weltenlaeufer » Monday August 19th, 2019 6:57am

I checked out your blog! Wow! I love your painting. I hope I ll get there someday :)
User avatar
Weltenlaeufer

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 235
Images: 48
Joined: Monday February 18th, 2019 12:38pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to WarhammerQuest Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests