• Advertisement

Ampersands Quest

Topics relating to WarhammerQuest.

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby ampersand » Wednesday June 26th, 2019 12:34am

so i managed to fix my little door problem pretty swiftly.
alll seem to work together nicely. they grip the floorplans tight enough to allow the dungeon to be shifted around the table without causing any damage to the actual tiles themselves |_P
Image

now i can try and get back to actually painting some mini's


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tuesday April 16th, 2013 1:51pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby Anderas » Wednesday June 26th, 2019 1:39am

How did you make sure its grip on the floor plan?
I tried that once, everything slid out of my selfmade holders.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti
 
Posts: 2745
Images: 33
Joined: Saturday September 20th, 2014 7:02am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby ampersand » Wednesday June 26th, 2019 10:19am

Did you make them the same way as i did?
I havent done anything special other that go for a rough 0.1mm smaller clip than the actual cards thickness. Enough to just grip them could with the flex Of the 1mm plasticard

Eg
Card thickness = 2.1mm
Clip size = 2.0mm


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tuesday April 16th, 2013 1:51pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby ampersand » Sunday July 7th, 2019 7:23am

managed to tick off my next easy win off the list

Image

i also decided to get myself a brand new camera so decided to take some juicy dungeon shots using the components i have created so far so i could test out my camera with a multitude of different shots:)

Image

Image

Image

this also enabled me to test these doors out a little more. and have to say i am really happy how this is turning out |_P


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tuesday April 16th, 2013 1:51pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby Anderas » Sunday July 7th, 2019 9:29am

Wow those goblins in the first shot are really cute!


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti
 
Posts: 2745
Images: 33
Joined: Saturday September 20th, 2014 7:02am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby ampersand » Saturday July 13th, 2019 11:22am

Anderas wrote:Wow those goblins in the first shot are really cute!


snotlings :)
and thanks.
i'm currently working on those spiders as well as wrapping up the rats. so then il be all done with the smaller critters


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tuesday April 16th, 2013 1:51pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby khimbar » Wednesday July 24th, 2019 1:50pm

This is brilliant. Just brilliant.

The only thing I would do differently, and it's personal choice and what I do on my PNP board game bits, is run a Sharpie on the white edges of the tiles and hide the greyboard. It's to taste obviously but I think it makes a massive difference.

Are the files for this available anywhere, I'd love to try and make a copy if possible.
khimbar

Zombie
Zombie
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thursday June 27th, 2019 12:33pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby ampersand » Wednesday July 24th, 2019 5:20pm

khimbar wrote:This is brilliant. Just brilliant.

The only thing I would do differently, and it's personal choice and what I do on my PNP board game bits, is run a Sharpie on the white edges of the tiles and hide the greyboard. It's to taste obviously but I think it makes a massive difference.

Are the files for this available anywhere, I'd love to try and make a copy if possible.


thanks very much. doesnt seem to get much interest in this quiet corner of the inn :P

you may notice on my step by step how i fixed my doors that i have alreadt tested this on 1 tile.and it didnt turn out too well. the ink bled way too much into the tile only partially masked by the black border on the actual artwork. luckily i made quite a few extras to trial things like this...so if i find something that works better. i may well end up doing them all.
glad you like |_P

also most of this stuff came from the net with exception of the cards which i made myself. but all the originals are available over the net.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tuesday April 16th, 2013 1:51pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby khimbar » Thursday July 25th, 2019 4:21am

ampersand wrote:
khimbar wrote:This is brilliant. Just brilliant.

The only thing I would do differently, and it's personal choice and what I do on my PNP board game bits, is run a Sharpie on the white edges of the tiles and hide the greyboard. It's to taste obviously but I think it makes a massive difference.

Are the files for this available anywhere, I'd love to try and make a copy if possible.


thanks very much. doesnt seem to get much interest in this quiet corner of the inn :P

you may notice on my step by step how i fixed my doors that i have alreadt tested this on 1 tile.and it didnt turn out too well. the ink bled way too much into the tile only partially masked by the black border on the actual artwork. luckily i made quite a few extras to trial things like this...so if i find something that works better. i may well end up doing them all.
glad you like |_P

also most of this stuff came from the net with exception of the cards which i made myself. but all the originals are available over the net.


Ahh that's a shame. I use mountboard not greyboard so wonder if that's why I don't get too much bleed. And a paint pen maybe not a sharpie.

Anyhoo it's still briliant. I'm inspired to have a crack at it.

Are you willing to share your cards, I can only find low res versions which don't print that well?
khimbar

Zombie
Zombie
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thursday June 27th, 2019 12:33pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Re: Ampersands Quest

Postby ampersand » Thursday July 25th, 2019 4:02pm

i think its all about finding the right pen to do it. i used a permanent marker which basically oozes ink. so just need to find something a little more reserved
also mountboard has a tendency to warp where as greyboard doesnt..hence the choice.

also send you a PM

|_P


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tuesday April 16th, 2013 1:51pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to WarhammerQuest Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests