• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

A new Warhammer Quest - Silver Tower

Topics relating to WarhammerQuest.

Re: A new Warhammer Quest - Silver Tower

Postby knightkrawler » May 8th, 2016, 4:45 am

They sure has.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby ampersand » May 8th, 2016, 1:02 pm

the obligatory GW leaked images before every release ensue

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » May 8th, 2016, 1:41 pm

So it's demons and skaven then...

The only minis I'd really *want* so far is the barbarian and the Sigmar Priest. The rest are *okay*

Too bad the tiles aren't really very visible... The best view is the first picture and I don't like what I see so far.
So far this looks like a pass for me.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » May 8th, 2016, 1:58 pm

The barbarian is maybe the best I've ever seen. The priest is very good. The slayer looks awesome. The knight, though I don't like the mask, is very badass. I see a lot of good minis for HQ. But as GK said the tiles are bad. They are not generic dungeon tiles as it should. Maybe it's the deamonic theam, but I don't like it.

I've heard that the adventure book has 40 pages. If the players guide is that small, then we have to forget the depth of the old WHQ.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » May 8th, 2016, 2:13 pm

Patroclus wrote:But as GK said the tiles are bad. They are not generic dungeon tiles as it should. Maybe it's the deamonic theam, but I don't like it.

Even worse, they are just an image with a grid thrown on top. FUG-GIN LA-ZY!

Remember HQ, the fantastic original WHQ or the very excellent current version of Space Hulk?
The grid was an integrated part of the artwork. The artist had to actually use his brain.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ampersand » May 8th, 2016, 3:06 pm

i kinda like it. dont care much for the heroes. but i think the bad guys look pretty cool.
as for the grid thing. i dont see any problem with it. whilst i agree and like the 'integrated' into the flagstone look. it also limits what you can do creatively...
i dont care for AOS 1 bit. dont like them marine thingies. or the fluff of this new 'over the top' world. but still i think this might find some room on my shelf amongst my beloved games lol

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » May 8th, 2016, 3:42 pm

I think I'll pass... GW. Bah. :(
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby slev » May 9th, 2016, 4:01 am

Even as a massive GW fanboy., I've been unimpreseed with the minis design, art, and general background for AoS, and this leaves me cold on this product as a result. Had they set it in the classic Warhammer World, I'd likley have snapped this up immediately.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » May 10th, 2016, 4:29 am

I'm glad they got a new ceo they are making better choices I'm sure kickstarter has really taken a bite out of the old profit margin in the last few years it's no surprizes they are trying to get back into the board game market given all the mega projects that have funded via Kickstarter I might just have to lift my self imposed gw ban to pick this up even if the marine angel dudes are a very bad design aestetic I really like the chaos faction though

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » May 10th, 2016, 11:19 pm

Probably a pass for me, for most of the reasons others have already touched on.

This is unfortunate, because I really want an updated version of some of the older crawlers. Now, that said, I will wait (note I did say "Probably" pass), until I see more details on the system. Tiles and even minis can be pretty easily replaced, but a good system is something else entirely.

If KnightKrawler is correct, and this proves somehow to be an extension of AoR, then it's already lost my interest. However, I am not convinced that this will be the case based on my initial and limited understanding of what's coming for this game.

For those who are curious but want more info before they decide, I know Rob Oren is going to be following this closely and sharing what his experience is with WHQ:ST from day one. Interested parties can go check out his comments on Robert's YouTube Channel. One of the interesting things he mentions in the video I linked, is that [allegedly] there will be conversion stats for unit types from the old game contained within the new rulebook. Should this prove true, those folks who still have minis from WHQ may be able to pretty much disregard the stuff they don't like from the new ruleset (in terms of monsters for example), and recycle the stuff they like while enjoying the new quests, tiles, etc. And yeah, I'm not impressed with the tiles either from the brief example above, but again I'll reserve my final opinion until I can see some clearer samples.

So, we'll see.
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to WarhammerQuest Room