• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

D&D LEGEND OF DRIZZT

Topics relating to Dungeons & Dragons.

D&D LEGEND OF DRIZZT

Postby HeroQuestFrance » October 19th, 2011, 4:21 am

Released yesterday, the new boardgame is on the way of my home.
I really play often with y friends to this game full of miniatures.
I even think about a HeroQuest variant ...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: D&D LEGEND OF DRIZZT

Postby Sjeng » October 20th, 2011, 6:58 am

that looks pretty cool!
it has mind flayers and a spider-drow Lolth creature. I want pictures! :P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby cynthialee » October 20th, 2011, 9:39 am

oh, my Goddess don't tell my sister
She is a Drizzt fan girl deluxe.

(although those mini's look promising...)

Just ue the mind flayers as Mind point thieves and the Lolth figure as a demon......
yep getting ideas already!
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » October 24th, 2011, 6:52 am

Last week I got a 10% discount coupon from bookdepository.com and I splurged. Bought 14 Drizzt novels :P
Been curious about him for ages. Got me the first 3 trilogies as boxed sets, another trilogy, an anthology and one seperate novel... Can't remember all the names, but I'm very curious about them.

The game looks hard though, with all those tokens, cards etc. etc. HQ is just challenging enough for me and my wife. I'm not into giant rulebooks. I like short games :P

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Patroclus » October 24th, 2011, 8:45 am

The old R A Salvador was great, for example the “The Crystal Shard” was epic! But his new books are too slow for me. I suggest you the old-fashioned savage action of Robert E Howard and his great hero, Conan. If you haven’t read them all, don’t stop to search.

The D&D LOD looks great but I think it’s not HQ...

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » October 25th, 2011, 6:53 am

Yes I know, which is why I'd probably never buy it. I like the fact that HQ is easy and fast. Not that I couldn't learn D&D rules, but that just takes up too much time, and the game itself probably takes a lot longer too.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » October 26th, 2011, 6:03 pm

I've played the compatible Castle Ravenloft D&D Boardgame that use the same core mechanics. The rules aren't too bad, actually- just a tad more than HeroQuest. It works more like an adventure scenario machine, and you can get it running quickly. Our first game took about 2 hours...not bad.

If you're interested in getting the run-down on the Legend of Drizzt D&D Boardgame, check out the WotC tutorial video (about 13 min. long).

Lacking a Zargon role, it doesn't reach as close to true dungeon crawling as HeroQuest does, however. It's a slightly different animal that abstracts certain elements to provide a tight gameplay experience. What it does do, it does well: provide a gateway dungeon boardgame for the market of today, just as HeroQuest did in the past.

Being satisfied with HeroQuest, there's no need to look further, but... if you get a chance to sit in on a game, then do it. The tactics can be engaging, and you might even get caught up in the adventure 'story', as with HeroQuest.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » October 31st, 2011, 5:46 am

Castle Ravenloft, Ashardalon & Legend of Drizzt are very simple boargames.

Phase 1 : hero phase
- move twice
- move or attack
- attack and move
- move and disarm a trap or open a door or open a treasure chest
- open a door or open a treasure chest or disarm a trap and move
Your're not forced to move or to make a action.

Phase 2 : exploration phase
-> did you finish your turn on a unexplored edge ?
yes -> draw a new floor tile from the stack and place it (if you draw one with a dark arrow you take a encounter card first), draw another monster card and place his figurine on this tile : it's your monster !
no -> then pick up a encounter card

Phase 3 :
activate all boss, traps and monster in the order you have taken them.
If you activate a monster and that another player also has under his control, activate it.

next player

each monster killed -> a treasure card
each monster card = exp
5 pts of exp to cancel a encounter card
5 pts of exp + a natural 20 on the D20 to become level 2 (flip your character card to know the new stats)

Each character has to choose 2 at will powers , 1 utility power and 1 daily power from his 10 starting cards.
utility and daily are only used once in a quest. at will are "unlimited" powers. However when you attack you choose only one card to attack with.

Ashardalon includes door rules and some linked quests.
Legend of Drizzt includes a treasure chest rule + players vs players, mini boss etc.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » November 20th, 2011, 11:01 am

I've started to pain those minis.
3 dinos, 3 spider nests, 2 giant trolls (classic monsters!), 1 wyrm (mini boss), 1 balrog (boss), 1 aberration monster (boss), 1 hero (the black panther) and another mini arachnid boss :
The barbarian hero is on the way ... and the next 28 !

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » November 22nd, 2011, 1:36 pm

Imagine playing a Quest where a room contains a Gargoyle statue trap. Once the Heroes trigger it, you replace the figure with that terrifying Balor demon. Time to soil the armor!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Room