• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

D&D Hasbro + HeroQuest = Bomb

Topics relating to Dungeons & Dragons.

D&D Hasbro + HeroQuest = Bomb

Postby HeroQuestFrance » Thursday January 15th, 2009 7:48am

Dunjeons & Dragons from Hasbro and its 2 expansions is a very good game you can easily adapt HQ figurines and furnitures or vice & versa.
A must !!

The dices too can be added into HQ (I did) for the searchs. (secret doors & traps instead of the combat dice)
The star dice also is very good,in fact a mix is something excellent.
I have done a entire new HQ rule book+cards etc during for 4 years and my players really like it.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: D&D Hasbro + HeroQuest = Bomb

Postby drathe » Thursday January 15th, 2009 8:42pm

I've been looking out for these but they are extremely expensive. Not as much as Elf and Barbarian HeroQuest packs, but still to expensive for me to afford at the moment. They're definitely on my wish list though.

Feel free to share your rules and cards with us. Even if some of us aren't blessed with the game, we might get new ideas for other things.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » Sunday January 18th, 2009 9:08am

The basic box price was 45€ here and each expansion were at 20€.
When the end of stocks came,a lot of shops purposed this game at 30€ including the first expansion eternal winter.
(with the ice dragon ^^)
I will share soon a lot of photos here for you ^^ !

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Saturday January 19th, 2013 2:49pm

drathe wrote:I've been looking out for these but they are extremely expensive.

This one?

Here in the Netherlands it's easily available, for around €10~€30,- excl. shipping. You'd have the Dutch booklet and character cards, but you can probably find the english versions online. If you want I could try to get a hold of one and send it to you.
I've found the expansion tiles online myself, and I own the original game + tiles myself.

D&DParkerplateauxpremiereextension.rar

D&DParkerplateauxdeuxiemeextension.rar

I'm going to print these and glue the forest ones on the backside of the ice ones, so I can use 4 tiles of each type at once.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Doomguard
Doomguard

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Sunday January 27th, 2013 12:00am

drathe wrote:I've been looking out for these but they are extremely expensive. Not as much as Elf and Barbarian HeroQuest packs, but still to expensive for me to afford at the moment. They're definitely on my wish list though.

Feel free to share your rules and cards with us. Even if some of us aren't blessed with the game, we might get new ideas for other things.

I've previously taken some time to amass files for most of the game material in English. Some are scan worthy, some aren't. I'm not certain what "these" in your post refers to. As attachments are a bit large, I'll let you know what I have so you can suggest which ones I should post. Roberious-1 at Old Scratch (Roberious here) might be able to help where my files lack.

Files I have available for attachments:

Base Game
Dungeon Master's Guide, Player's Guide, Room Template
map tiles and tokens, including pillars and trees
4 Hero Cards
Item Cards- artifacts, booby traps, potions, spells, weapon and armor (most are screenshots from the Vassel module, perhaps incomplete), Monster Cards (scans and screenshots), and Fan Cards (including HQ monsters)

Forbidden Forest
Rulebook cover
map tiles
2 Hero Cards
Item Cards- 1 artifact, Monster Cards (png)

Eternal Winter
Rulebook cover
map tiles
Hero Card
Item Cards- artifacts, weapons, spells (not centered)
________
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS YOU

VOTE NOW!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Miksang » Monday March 18th, 2013 3:37pm

This looks pretty cool. My group and I were looking to get into D&D, maybe this would be a good transition?

Also not quite sure on which version to play for D&D either... 3.5, 4th, etc... I'm guess 4th because it's the most recent but I'm not too knowledgeable on these things. haha
Miksang

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » Tuesday March 19th, 2013 7:20pm

Check my posts for Archetypes - the creator was a DM for D&D and made a system he found better...

http://www.yeoldeinn.com/hqforum/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=325

There are alot of pages to read thru but you see how quickly HQ became something alot more with action points, initiative scores based on action ability (which can be modified by magic, rare or artifact items) and treasure rolls...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Room