• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

D & D Attack wing

Topics relating to Dungeons & Dragons.

Re: Attack wing

Postby mitchiemasha » Sunday November 16th, 2014 12:18am

Yeah, just the name. They could of called it Dragon Wing, not that i like that either but it still connects to X wing. When i seen the thread title 'Attack wing' i actually though, must be a new star wars game i'd not heard of. Was shocked to discover Dragons but they do look good.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mitchiemasha

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Attack wing

Postby timbrwolf » Tuesday November 18th, 2014 3:05pm

Ahhh true enough! Though from the instructions and posts on boardgamegeek it seems they did a good job with the aerial combat. I have yet to actually play a true game yet though...seeing as the only time was with my 4year old nieces/nephew who are far beliw the target age. Still, if any indicator they DID enjoy moving the dragons around via the maneuver templates (just had them pick any) and rolling the base stats for combat.

I wonder if anyone will adapt existing d&d minis to the system and even come up with ways to do dungeon exloration. If so would make for a nice, simplied d&d adventure.
timbrwolf

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: D & D Attack wing

Postby timbrwolf » Saturday November 29th, 2014 12:08pm

Has anyone tried an actual game yet or tried to come up with stats for existing minis?
timbrwolf

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby timbrwolf » Thursday January 22nd, 2015 12:33pm

Anyone else try this? Sorry to keep posting here about it but there really isn't any fan sites for attack wing as of yet.

Also am looking for input as to whether you could use the rules and mechanics of attack wing to then run a simplified d&d type adventure (in the style of heroquest) where a group of heros would have a set of adventurers exploring a dungeon.
timbrwolf

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » Friday January 23rd, 2015 4:48pm

I'm confused by what you are asking here. Isn't attack wing an aerial combat game similar to star wars x-wing? How could you adapt that to a dungeon crawler?
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby timbrwolf » Friday January 23rd, 2015 10:29pm

It IS similar to xwing game but is not just aerial combat. There are ground troops too and each set starter and expansions) comes with an adventure though said adventure has the various legions (each player's team of units) already starting in the room or area the adventure takes place in. So really the only modifications would involve exploring tunnels etc., the limited movement (templates are used for movement) and players controlling only a single unit or hero as opposed to an entire army.
timbrwolf

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Room