• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

D & D Attack wing

Topics relating to Dungeons & Dragons.

D & D Attack wing

Postby timbrwolf » September 26th, 2014, 11:25 am

Just wondering what you guys think of the game, if you have played (I have been getting various expansions but have yet to play an actual game)

Also wondering how adaptable the game would be to running simplified adventures in the style of heroquest. While the game IS based of same mechanics as other flight wing games there are ground troops too and each set starter and expansions) comes with an adventure though said adventure has the various legions (each player's team of units) already starting in the room or area the adventure takes place in. So really the only modifications would involve exploring tunnels etc., the limited movement (templates are used for movement) and players controlling only a single unit or hero as opposed to an entire army.

I had also thought (as a simulation for 'levelling' players would ise a 'generic' character & as they play have the ability to add 'slots' up to the eqialent of a named, herp piece. The player would then be able to 'purchase' various abilities throughout game play but each game would be limited by the number of 'slots' they currently had & can be swapped for other ones BETWEEN game sessions. What do you all think?
Last edited by timbrwolf on September 15th, 2015, 11:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
timbrwolf

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Attack wing

Postby TMU » September 27th, 2014, 3:46 pm

D&D what?
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » September 27th, 2014, 4:01 pm

Never heard of it. Please do elaborate :)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby JasonMCM » September 28th, 2014, 10:16 pm

Looks like DnD is trying their hand at a table top war game with a focus on dragons.

I first heard about it here.
Watch It Played: Attack Wing
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Teldurn » September 29th, 2014, 3:49 pm

JasonMCM wrote:Looks like DnD is trying their hand at a table top war game with a focus on dragons.

I first heard about it here.
Watch It Played: Attack Wing

But... D&D started essentially as a tabletop wargame. :|
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 29th, 2014, 7:58 pm

It uses the same system as X-wing Fighter, so I'd say it's gonna be good. Looks like I have a choice to make between games now. Generally, I prefer fantasy over sci-fi, so I think I'm gonna go for this one.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby timbrwolf » November 5th, 2014, 10:47 am

Now that the game is out. Has anyone actually played it?

For anyone who hasn't played or just wants to know more the rules are online here:
http://wizkidsgames.com//wp-content/upl ... ookWeb.pdf
timbrwolf

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » November 5th, 2014, 7:18 pm

Doesn't sound very dragony does it. BOO to the name.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby timbrwolf » November 5th, 2014, 9:32 pm

How is it not dragonish? The initial starter set is ALL dragons. And each wave to be released has one dragon it. I can't wait until the silver comes out in December as that is my favorite dragon.
timbrwolf

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » November 15th, 2014, 10:09 pm

I think he is just referring to the name. I believe they are trying to relate the game to the hugely popular X-wing Fighter, the first of the games that developed the combat system from Wings of War. A Star Trek version was also made.

The dragons look cool. I love that everything is prepainted.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Room